Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Alex053 Offline OP
OP Offline
Different from my last thread.

I went to a site today of a user that said extensions had disapeared. I asked him to show me, so he dialed into the AA and put the ext number in and it said Invalid. I could dial the ext from a phone and i could dial across the nodes.

easy fix, there is no mailbox or extension ID

I log in to the phone system with the VM and create associated mailboxes and have the user test.

he just called me (2 hours after i left) saying that those extensions had mailboxes before and one is the CEO's mailbox and had important messages ect ect.

Now all the extensions were in the 21x range for some reason. its an external voicemail, os2.

is there a way i can try to find out what happend? Has this happened to anyone else?

the user has Session Manager also (kinda fishy with disappearing mailboxes)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There are log files in the OS2 voicemail that you can look at or save to a floppy to look at on another PC. The voicemail will have to be stopped to do this. You need a monitor and a keyboard on the OS2 Voicemail. To stop the voicemail hold down the Shift key and press the ~ key. At the AVDAP prompt type CD db\msgs. Do a dir and you should see files like log, log.1, log.2, etc. The newest file is log without any extension. You can look at them by typing tedit log or tedit log.1, etc. or copy to a floppy disk and look at them with notepad. In the file look for and DOS Read or write errors or anything with alarms. If you are getting DOS errors you may be having hard drive errors or drive controller problems on the voicemail. Older axxesorytalk voicemails with drive controllers on a controller card are notorious for this.

To restart the voicemail just reboot it.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you really look at the those log files, you can also tell if someone went in and deleted the mailbox with session manager.

Alex053 Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome! Thanks for the help!

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,832
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,470 CTX100 install
187,622 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Keyset6, dans), 126 guests, and 230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024