web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
gjmnz Offline OP
OP Offline
Our (very) old 7400 has decided to throw a tantrum in it's last months before it's replaced! Always going to be the way.

Analogue and digital extensions are working; IP phones are not. They have been, without issue, for a considerable period of time, years. I joined the organisation 3 months ago and they were fine. Then last week, all IP phones when dialing, or when dialed from a non-IP phone in the system, started displaying the 'No MGI Chs available' error.
We started by disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable. That worked, second time around, but was only a temporary resolution. It was fine for several hours, beyond the end of the day, but failed again over the weekend.
Network switch port was configured to Auto/Auto, now configured to 100FDX.

Module installed is an OAS in Cab 1 Slot 11, as shown correctly in Cabinet Information. This (I think) incorporates a 'MGI Base' providing 16 IP extensions (also shows as C1 S11). Service selected is 'MGI-16 ONLY'. OAS shows to have 64 channels, all are 'Idle', and show as 'Make Busy'...? (I know what this means on a Mitel system, and would RTS but don't know how to do that on the 7400.)

I was (once upon a time) Mitel and Nortel certified but have never had the joy of working with a Samsung unit. My gut tells me the OAS has decided to call it a day, but is there anything further I can do to verify that?

Any further info I can provide?

Please HELP!!! wink

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The oas cars is the issue. Try restarting it.
The mp40 (processor) take to the oas via the lan.
Can you ping the oas card?

gjmnz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by nameless
The oas cars is the issue. Try restarting it.
The mp40 (processor) take to the oas via the lan.
Can you ping the oas card?

I can ping the OAS card; I can telnet to and log in to the OAS card.
Is there a simple format or command for restarting it?

It's running v2.05 software which while not the latest, has worked up until now.

gjmnz Offline OP
OP Offline
Apologies - there is (of course!) a simple way to reset the card - poke something into the reset hole on the front. blush

This appears to have again got things working. Let's see how long it lasts this time!

Thanks. smile

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 150 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024