web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
In my mind NT5B01 is a NON-DS KSU and the rest (DS's) have 2 letters at the end NT5B01??.

I believe that the Used Phones link above that Carl posted is an NT5B01FD (hard to read but there is such a part) therefore yes that one is DS.

As for ATA2 my Nortel chart (actually from Nortel) only shows that ATA2 is not compatible with DR1...the rest are compatible.
Standard ATA works on both DR1 and DR2 etc.

So I question that shortened 3rd party chart created by Nev-comm but if anyone can prove this theory it would be nice.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I just had a second look at that picture while closing it and appears to be a NON-DS DR1 software selling with a DS Cabinet, I don't think that will work out for whom ever buys it.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
I have decided to leave this addition alone, as I have a pretty cool system that I like, I should add that I have already added 2 VoIP lines, and it works very well with this nortel system. I will still add the software that I was asked to show, very soon, and from this post I learned a lot, you guys really know your stuff, and are are a very big help so thank you.

Did the 6x16 have an internal ATA built-in like the CICS did, or was that unique to the CICS?

Only:
CICS has 1 built in ATA port
BCM50 has 4 built in ATA ports (activated by kecodes)

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Here is the photo of the software that I promised. Someone had asked to see it.[img]https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...d5928c5dd1f2bdaf75fc29a2&oe=5E5A2376[/img]

Last edited by Southernphoneman; 11/02/19 04:22 PM.
Admin
Admin
Wow. Add an ATA to a Nortel 4x8 system.

Let's go back to the Original Post. How many Nortel phones do you have? I would think that just about everybody here has a http://telecom.lkeerie.mailc.net/Shelf.JPG

On my shelf are 11 Panasonic phone systems. All of them have "ATA" capabilities and I have 7-10 Panasonic display phones and 3 TD1232 KSU's without looking too far into my storage place.

I have no idea if you bought the ATA or not, but I'd be willing to part with one of my systems and a phone for not a lot of money. That translates to $100-200 with shipping and most of these systems have CID trunks, but not to extensions.

Think about it.

Last edited by Carl Navarro; 11/02/19 08:08 PM. Reason: Rethinking the OP's request
Admin
Admin
That looks like the old entry level module that was called restricted in our area. A basic 4X8 config. Beyond that required a software cartridge replacement to get the other 2X8 ports.

[Linked Image]
Carl...Southernphoneman is not just a vendor but a bit of a historian and into vintage systems/phones.
He is also vintage, like you!!!
: )

I think the (rare) 4X8 was produced since day one then probably phased out shortly after 3X8's came along.

Southernphoneman your software picture has confirmed that your system is indeed a NON-DS (No Disconnect Supervision).

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
Wow. Add an ATA to a Nortel 4x8 system.

Let's go back to the Original Post. How many Nortel phones do you have? I would think that just about everybody here has a http://telecom.lkeerie.mailc.net/Shelf.JPG

On my shelf are 11 Panasonic phone systems. All of them have "ATA" capabilities and I have 7-10 Panasonic display phones and 3 TD1232 KSU's without looking too far into my storage place.

I have no idea if you bought the ATA or not, but I'd be willing to part with one of my systems and a phone for not a lot of money. That translates to $100-200 with shipping and most of these systems have CID trunks, but not to extensions.

Think about it.

Kind sir I really appreciate the offer, I really do, but at this point I already have the nortel 6x16 in service with 6 extensions and thorougly enjoy it and it fit my needs really well. And I have over 15 other nortel phones in my "overstock" as well. But thank you just the same. But as I learned here I have let go of the idea of adding on any ATA's for this system. I really appreciate everyone here in this forum. Carls offer is the kind of thing that makes this forum so great. So a kind thank you to all of you and Carl also.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024