web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Not for me. I don’t want the wall in my office to look messy.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Those PowerDSINE ring generators are great.. And at $15 per device, very cost effective. And yes, can confirm they can run at least 4 phones, if not more.

I think someone in Israel must've purchased the whole stock from the company when PowerDSINE got bought out, as they're selling them on Ebay and Amazon.

It puts out a 20Hz ring (instead of the 118A's 30Hz), which seems better for my quiet office. 30Hz sounds a bit too strident. But I could see 30Hz being good for a busy office environment with lots of selectric typewriters clicking away.

I mounted mine to a backboard using 4 drywall screws arranged around the edges of the module, using rubber shielding cut off from an outdoor extension cord to act as "rubber bumpers" for compression to hold the module firmly in place, as it has no mounting holes to speak of. It uses 12VDC, and has a small pigtail of 5 wires coming off it that terminates in a 6pin SIP connector, which plugs right into my KSU board, which provides the matching 6 pin header for their connector. There's another PowerDSINE model I have which operates on 24VDC; it is intended for PCB mounting, having a collection of pins on the back. And it can output either 17Hz, 20Hz, or 25Hz. I think it can ring more phones than the 12V model.

Hi Greg,

Yes, I believe the whole production of these PowerDSINE modules was in Israel. The ones I have purchased from there have only a different label (private label or out of the books production, I believe). But the unit is the same. All units I have are dated in production between 1993 and 1996 - so I assume when the PowerDSINE was bought out, someone just forgot to take out the stock from Israel production and it was sitting there all these years. As you can imagine since that time production of analog subscribed line PBXs requiring ringing generators went down to almost zero. So a barn-load of these modules can be now a huge inventory for limited number of telephone collectors.

Yes, I confirm this works great on 1A2 and unless you plan to feed a real industrial building with that system, in any private house installation it is enough to feed the whole system. I have 3 stories in my house plus a basement. So when just 4 telephones are ringing from this unit - I can here it from anywhere in the house or from the backyard. My wife flinches when it happens. So it's enough power indeed.

P.S. I believe I have the 24VDC version as well. It has no wires and designed for trough hole mounting on the PCB. Connection legs are somehow fragile, so if it cracks out - the unit becomes useless as the whole thing is potted in ceramics. I believe there was also a bigger power item with 48VDC voltage - for bigger PBX. But unless you have the real exchange with power plant giving the 48VDC - it is difficult to power it from the 1A2 shoe box.

Greg, can you post pictures of how yours is installed?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,073 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,364 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 156 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024