web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello everyone. I just want to see what you all think about upgrading our current Vodavi STS which we have been dealing issue of a freezing on the voicemail/auto attendant lately to a Vertical Summit VS-5001.

I am staying with Vodavi/Vertical since we can re-use our current desktop headset (IN-9015-7)

It should be a straight forward install. I'm also curious to the price of the unit. The quote I got from my vendor and what I have research on is drastic increase of at least 6-7k. Is the markup that much?

At any rate, your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by crazysupratt; 12/16/19 03:31 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't see any issue with you moving that way.... esp being able to reuse your phones. However don't expect it to be exactly like the STS.

OP Offline
good morning/afternoon everyone. So we were about to begin the installation however now my vendor is saying that the current desk phone will not work with the Vertical Summit VS-5001. Can someone here know anything about that? He is stating that it gives them erratic display and scrolling lights. He mention that the latest software released for 2020 makes the old desk phone 9015 not work anymore.

anyone can give me some insight to this. Thank you.

That may be true as I'm not up to speed on the Summit anymore as we don't sell it. Hopefully someone will chime in that is familiar with it.

Last edited by oobie; 01/20/20 03:17 PM. Reason: can't type!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Summit should work with SBX phones, Edge 700 phones and the current phones. I would be very surprised if the 9015-71 which are Triad 1,2,3 phones will work with the Summit. Even if they came up you would not get full functionality as with the newer phones. The 9015s are very old and worked with the STS only if it had gold software.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I did a bit more research looking for the current list of supported digital phones:

Edge 9000 Series Digital Phones VU-9008-00 8-Button Digital Phone/HD Full-Duplex
VU-9030-00 30-Button Digital Phone/HD Full-Duplex Backlit
Edge 4000 Series Digital Phones 4008-00 8-Button Digital Phone
4024-00 24-Button Digital Phone
Edge 700 Series Digital Phones VW-E700-8B 8 Button Digital Phone
VW-E700-24B 24 Button Digital Phone

The list of supported phones no longer includes the SBX or any Vodavi phone.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/20/20 07:53 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
thank you for all the replies. Apparently the vendor was able to revert back to the old firmware so we can use our current phone of the 9015-71. Just glad we don't need purchased new desk phones. They are testing it now and hopefully won't have any issue when they come to install. Thank you again.

OP Offline
Thank you Derrick for the list of supported phone. Even after confirming that we could use our current phone set, the vendor arrived this morning to start the install but it didn't last long and was told that our phone are too old and can't be used. I just don't understand the point for them to travel knowing that it doesn't work. He ensure that he tested at their office and everything was working and when he came it didn't work. I'm at a lost on that.

At any rate, I just feel they are trying to get me to upgrade our current phone which I don't have an issue with if they were upfront at the beginning when giving me the bid but to give me a round around like this, I might be going a different direction.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
My advice is to not throw the baby out with the bath water, The Summit is a very good system and as many folks will tell you here, I am critical and don't give that endorsement easily. I did not like the SBX, it is very reliable but a pain in the neck to make it work for customers. I thought the XTS/STS family was one of the best systems ever and I think the Summit is just as good. So, if you don't feel comfortable with this vendor look for another one who handles Vertical but stick with the Summit.

I do need to make one correction from my list of phones. The 4024-00 is the SBX 24 button set, so it is still supported and has full functions. It has no backlight. The other thing to consider with that phone is that it operates of pins 1 and 4, of a four pin connector. This will require adapting from an STS, but it is not that difficult.

Last edited by Derrick; 02/03/20 06:30 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 114 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024