web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello everyone. A issue suddenly arise that the voicemail server that host the main greeting as well as the voicemail suddenly would freeze requiring a reboot which resolve the issue.

The phone system we have is the Vodavi STS that has an external voicemail system (Workstation that house the Pathfinder software). The main phone system that the PRI card is working fine however the Voicemail system/prompt lately is needing a reboot.

At first I thought it was the Processor overheating since the clip that attach the heatsink/fan to the processor broke but after fixing it, it is still happening. I have tried to log a pattern when the system freeze (the screen goes black and no input as well as the two blinking red light aren't blinking). Rebooting the workstation would resolve the issue and its back working again.

I install a software to monitor the CPU temperature and it is at 32 degree Celsius which is optimal temp. I also check the system log to see if something is causing it but no entry is logged when it goes down so I can't pinpoint a cause.

I checked the BIOS log and no entry is there as well.

I thought it was happening at a particular time interval of 7-9 hrs but it isn't. It appear to be happening sometime between 7-10 pm since during the day it is operating just fine. I'm going to do a test later to reboot the machine at 5 pm and see if it happens around 7-10 since lately we have been power cycling it at 7:30-8:00 am

At any rate, does anyone have any idea on what is going on? I think it may be time to upgrade. Thanks for any suggestion you may have on this matter.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would tend to agree that it is time to upgrade but. If its a Talkpath VM that you are having trouble with you can get flash drive replacements for it as that is probably the issue. And further more you could probably pick up a inskin HD or Flash depending on what your doing with the VM on the refurb market.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Since it is a Pathfinder rather than a TalkPath and housed in a PC, is the PC a dedicated one? And when the VM freezes, is the PC still operational? But I think the issue is that I seem to remember that we needed to shut off any automatic Microsoft operating updates or problems could/would result. Because it should be a dedicated PC, you don't need those updates. Turn them all off and I think your problem will disappear.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Hello all. MnDave is correct. It is a pathfinder housed in a PC and the PC is dedicated.

I went ahead and replace the motherboard cmos battery just in case as well as the CPU fan. The machine isn't connected to the internet and confirm that the automatic microsoft update isn't turned on.

we are upgrading the system but won't get the new system in for about 2-3 weeks so I have been keeping an eye out and hopefully it stays up until then.

OP Offline
When the system freeze, no input and blank/black screen. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work. The system is still on ie cpu fan and lights on the motherboard. The two card that communicates with the main phone system doesn't blink red. When it is working there are one led light on each card that would blink. That doesn't blink when the system freeze. Rebooting it gets it up and going.

I have used the in skin flash voice mail in many sts. Dependable and easy to program.
Gary s.

Gary Stevens

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024