web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Okay ,, so the previous installer had SLI Ports used as door phones ,, and they did forward to Cell phone ,, but system was defaulted not sure how but it is a rural farm,, the SLI Card was bad and was replaced ,, so ports are good,, ( they don't want new sys. ) I got everything working ,, but can't get the Door Phone to external forward,, yes the external forward is on in COS,, They have 2 analog trunks,, i have tried the hot line but when u try to put the trunk 702 ,, ,, says in valid data, tried 9 also,, Also tried External Forward - turned on for x201 set to yes to dial out in 702-9xx-3xx-2xxx no go ,, tried to pick unused station and forward it that way no go,, i know that must be a way ,,maybe with a speed dial ?? Any ideas ,, it definitely worked before.Any ideas ??? Thks again.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The battery on the ram cars will be dead, so when you turned the system off to replace the sli card it defaulted itself.
Have you set the country, etc?

OP Offline
HI, nameless it is not the ram Cap. (battery) , i did a few changes and unplugged the system and the programming didn't default ,, so the wasn't the reason it defaulted ,, i didn't check the country ,is the a MMC code ?? So it maybe the system only lost some data ,, because when i got there the system was running but had lost the trunk buttons and DSS Buttons and call (intercom buttons) etc.

Last edited by ATechguy; 01/15/20 06:06 PM.
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
No country code on a Compact.The Compact may have been only in North America .What is the doorbox?Does the doorbox dial or is it the Compact?

OP Offline
HI! i added i little more in above post.,, yes its DCS Compact,, The original door box/modules were switched out by other tech and he installed SLI ports with slim wallmount analog phones which if i recall were set up to dial like hot line , eventually grabbing outside trunk and dialing cell phone.

pvj Offline
So in mmc 306 set the hot line to a 9- plus number and set mmc502 for the sli ext for off hook selection to 001 seconds. Should work as long as the 9 trunk group is setup correctly or whatever group you want to use.

If you use station forwarding then you need to make sure mmc 210 has ICM EXT FWD set to ON

I would be worried that trunk and dss keys were gone. That plus a wrong clock usually means a default

Last edited by pvj; 01/15/20 08:10 PM.
OP Offline
Yes i have tried putting in 9 or 702 says invalid data do i have to put 701 and 702 into trunk grp 81 ?? ,, also for mmc 210 i don't see ICM EXT FWD Listed their , i don't have exact manual i have DS 16 ,,but looked on line in DSC Compact manual and didn't see where it is. is there way to forward to speed bin with the dialing string?

Last edited by ATechguy; 01/15/20 09:14 PM.
pvj Offline
Can you actually dial 9 or 702 from a phone ?

I just looked up a DCS-C manual it appears you need to program mmc 307 for off hook selection and mmc 501 for the off hook delay timer
You should be able to just put a trunk or group code and the number and set the off hook selection timer and work. Compacts are almost bulletproof I worked on one yesterday .

Last edited by pvj; 01/15/20 10:15 PM.
OP Offline
Ok i did look at mmc501 and but i will look into mmc307 , the off-hook delay timer was set ,, yes i how about 3 customers with compacts and ds16's. I may not get back there until he's back from holidays,, will update thks again.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024