web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#636177 03/30/20 06:32 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer who has a IPO R9.0 running Basic (Partner) mode. They want to be able to transfer a received call back to an off-site/external number. They currently have 4 analog POTS lines.

I enabled "Remote Call Forward" for each user, however I cannot get the transfer to work. Once I have established the 2nd call, I press "Complete" and nothing happens. If I simply hang up the extension to complete the transfer, it hangs up the 2nd call.

Is Partner Mode not capable of doing an off-site transfer?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Do you have "Unspuervised Analog Trunk Disconnect Handling" on the System > System Setup form checked?

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
No, that is currently unchecked.
Just as a test, when I check that box and reboot the IPO and then try to do a transfer, then the "Complete" softkey function is completely gone.
Unchecking that option brings that "Complete" feature back.

That's good, the box should be unchecked.

Now that I've read your description more closely, are you wanting to use this on an ad hoc basis? You have answered live and want to to transfer to an outside number by pressing Transfer, dialing the outside number on another line, and then pressing Complete?

If that is the case, it is not a supported feature on Basic mode.

You can pick an extension, put the outside number into one of the extension's personal speed dial slots, and forward the extension to the speed dial slot.

When you have a live call, you would press Transfer, dial the extension number of the forwarded extension, and then press Complete.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Tommy,

You are correct, in that is exactly how the customer wants to be able to forward calls. They have had this system in place for 5 years and never had a need for this feature until now, with employees working from home.

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines as a quick and "dirty" way of accomplishing the FWD. I had also tried this on a brand new R11 Basic Edition with the same results. I will give this suggestion a try and see if that will work for the customer.

I'm finding that although Basic Mode is cheaper and very simple to use, it is not as friendly when wanting to do some normal (what I consider normal) features. Thankfully, I don't have many Basic systems out there.

Thanks again!

We never deploy Basic edition, always Essential or Preferred. If a customer insists on line appearances, I've figured out how to use Essential and emulate a key system. However do everything in your power to convince the customer that Call Appearances are not the end of the world, and with most areas requiring 1+Area Code even for local calls, you can dial out without dialing 9 first. That takes away most of the initial objections to using a hybrid/pbx mode.

You said they only have 4 lines. So this would tie up a lot of their resources. A better option would be to get call transfer disconnect (ATT terminology) on their phone line, then just give them a flash button to accomplish a regular call transfer.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I would have to check with their provider. They have a fiber connection coming into the building and the provider supplies them with an IAD that converts SIP lines into analog FXS interfaces for the handoff to the IP Office. I will inquire if they support this type of transfer.

It's what used to be included in Centrex service. That feature was the only reason customers had it. We could even program the messaging system to transfer to an off premises number when the caller dials an extension number. Once the transfer is made it uses no resources on the system, the transfer is done by the CO. Caller had no idea they were connected to a phone someplace else.

Sometimes progress takes us backwards.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I don't know about IPO basic, but since they are converting sip, could you just get sip to talk directly to IPO basic?

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 104 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024