web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Looking to purchase the link cable for the XTS-600 system made by Vertical (Vodavi) Communications. This gray cable is approximately 8 feet long and has 'Amphenol' type connectors on each end. Although this cable appears to be a simple male/male 25 pair cable, it is not. It is 32 pairs, and the connectors are 64 pins. The cable is silver/gray in color with black plastic connector covers. One end connects to the MPB-E card in cabinet #0 and the other end connects to the LMU-E card in cabinet #3. This cable was sold in a kit that included the LMU-E card, Vodavi part number 3035-06, and we would be willing to purchase the card too if you have both available for sale.

Last edited by EV607797; 04/03/20 05:55 AM.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Ed, I had really hoped to be able to come through for you because I have an MBE-2 but couldn't find the LMU-e card or cable anywhere. But if you can't find the cable, I do have my Amp Palm-Grip tool that also has the 64-pin champ connector holder which means that I could make a cable for you if you can get the champ connectors. I could also loan you the tool if you prefer.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
It may come down to this, Dave. Those cables are apparently made of an unobtainum isotope (TM: Arthur P. Bloom). The problem is that I don't know how the cable pins out, what the maximum length is, and even worse, where to find shielded 32 pair cable!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
If I can trust my memory (increasingly difficult these days) the pins were all straight through. But I do recall that on some applications, the length of the expansion KSU cable was critical. I once had a Triad-1 with an EKSU that had to be mounted far away from the BKSU because of space and had continuing problems until I re-installed everything according to the specs. As far as the XTS goes, I only had 4 customers with an MPB-2 and don't recall the LMU cable ever being as long as 8'. But I still have one user left and can measure that cable for you the next time I am out to their site if that helps. Whether or not you could make a shielded 32-pair cable using two lesser shielded ones would work, I don't know. But you may have no other choice.

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
The LMU2 cards were only used with stacked cabinets using MPB2 or MPBE processors. The LMU3 goes in place of the processor card in the fourth cabinet. The cable runs between the MPB and the LMUE cards in the first and fourth cabinets, respectively. That's the reason that it is longer than the traditional 1' cable used on the other LMUs. It might not be 8 feet, but it's definitely a few feet long.

I had a similar issue with STS expansion cabinet cables. We had a situation with zero room for the expansion cabinet, so we extended it with a 5' double-ended cable, but had nothing but phantom problems after that.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Yes, I know the LMU cable is not like the other EKSU cables as my remaining customer's cable is loosely coiled up. Bummer that I can't seem to find my spare one that came with the system I pulled from service.

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
I got one of our techs to take a picture of the connector on the MPB-E card and he said it looks like a regular SCSI connector. If that's the case, finding a six foot SCSI cable should be fairly easy to find. Take a look at this picture and tell me what you think.

Attached Images
MPB-E Connector.jpg (24.4 KB, 54 downloads)

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Never thought about a SCSI but are they available in 64 pin? On line, the closest I find is a 68 pin

Mouser.com has 64 pin champ amphenol connectors. They are listed as 64 Position I/O Connectors

here

Last edited by MnDave; 04/14/20 04:44 PM. Reason: url

- Dave S. -

Ed, did you try these guys? https://www.l-com.com/

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
I have not, Jeff. The problem is that I really don't know much about the physical aspects of this cable. How many pins are actually populated, how it is wired, etc. Nothing. Until I have this information, I'm basically pissing up a rope. I'm hoping that someone from Vertical will get back to me with this information soon as I'm going to need it within a few weeks. Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024