web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#636637 05/01/20 10:10 PM
OP Offline
Good evening, I have an interesting issue with our UX500's and myself and our local telephone supplies cannot figure out. We have two systems that are connected via a site-to-site VPN. Once upon a time, we had an office that daily users in it, and we could dial 700 or press the VM button to access the voicemail. However, I went on site today and I was working on setting up a user in that office and set up an In-Skin Voicemail and when I pressed on it I noticed I was getting a fast busy signal. So I tried to dial 700 and again, I get a fast busy signal. Can anyone give me some insight on what settings to check that could cause this issue?

- From the main office I can dial 700 and press the VM key and it works.
- I can dial the main office extensions and talk to them
- The main office can call my remote extension and it works

Any help would be great. Right now I'm thinking I clear the system and start reconfiguring the system. Rebooting the systems didn't change anything.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Jordan Roth #636638 05/02/20 10:22 AM
So many questions. First the UX5000 is discontinued and unsupported FYI. That being said are all the phones IP or digital? What networking are you using I think either Aspirenet or Netlink or is that Cygnilink? Can't remember been some time. Setting up an inskin VM..explain. Vmail should already be setup on a either networking as a centralized VM. If they can't figure it out you should consider hiring a company that can because it can only be a couple things if the Network is setup correctly.

Coral Tech #636662 05/04/20 08:09 AM
OP Offline
I apologize, I didn't get a notification that someone had replied. I do understand the UX5000 is discontinued, but the system works (at least in our main office). The phones in question are digital and the two are connected with I believe it is Aspirenet. I believe the network is configured correctly since between the two systems I can call each of the extensions of the respected system without any issues. The only issue I have is when I press on the VM button, dial 700, or press the in-skin VM button on the "remote" system - the main office where CVM is configured works fine. I'm just looking for ideas about why it wouldn't work with VM, I have one user that we are moving to this office due to COVID19 and its temporary. I was hoping a quick fix before actually looking to replace the system because of a programming error.

Jordan Roth #636666 05/04/20 11:16 AM
The remote site isn't programmed correctly. You have to define the CVM in the voicemail part of the programming. I am assuming you are using one voicemail and not two separate? Aspirenet allows for this. I would start looking in the 45-XX area to see if this has been defined. There should be a number defined there somewhere.

Last edited by Coral Tech; 05/04/20 11:18 AM.
Coral Tech #636669 05/04/20 12:07 PM
OP Offline
Yes, you are most likely referring to 45-01-07 - it's listed as 700. The number plan also shows 700 as a Networked system with 1 as the network - same as 3 which is a networked system with 1.

Jordan Roth #636671 05/04/20 12:34 PM
Support for CVM in UX5000 system was added with software revision 2.60 and higher.

Please see the excerpt from the release notes below:

The AspireNet Networking feature has been enhanced to provide additional configuration options when using centralized voice mail.

The UX5000 can network to the existing Aspire systems using the Aspirenet license. Aspirenet is used to provide systems with capacities over the 200 x 512 limit of the UX5000, or when some feature transparency is desired, between multiple systems. There are, in general, four (4) different configurations that Aspirenet can be set up with on the UX5000 system:

A mixture of Aspire and UX5000 systems with local voice mails.
A mixture of Aspire and UX5000 systems with a centralized voice mail in an Aspire system.
All UX5000 systems with local voice mails.
All UX5000 systems with CVM.

Note that a mixture of Aspire and UX5000 systems with CVM in the UX5000 is NOT possible unless it is external voice mail.

In a case where you are replacing an Aspire, which is the main system with CVM within UX5000, it is suggested to leave the Aspire CVM on site, Connect it to the Aspirenet and continue to use the voice mail as the CVM.

A new program has been added to system programming:
Program 45-01-19 : CVM Type (entries: 0=retro/Aspire CVM (default), 1=enhanced/UX Mail CVM). When the CVM is in a UX5000, this program must be set to "1" for all UX5000 systems in the AspireNet CVM network.

Program 45-01-10 : Voice Mail Integration Options - NSL Protocol Support does not need to be set for the UX5000s in the Aspirenet CVM network (the system ignores the program). All the Aspire systems should still have this option set to "1".

Any of the features which do not work on the "Aspire to Aspire CVM" connection, are not supported with this software either.

Conditions:
Aspire Mail CVM will support both UX5000 and Aspire systems in a CVM using Aspirenet.

UX Mail CVM will only support an ALL UX5000 CVM.
With CVM , if a customer wants local voice mail, only Aspire Mail and Aspire Mail Plus are supported. IntraMails in Aspire or UX5000 systems are not supported, nor can a local voice mail be a UX Mail. VRS functions can co-exist and are not affected.

Without CVM , UX5000s which use Aspirenet for networking can have their own voice mail system (IntraMail or UX Mail).

A UX5000 with an external voice mail can be the host in a network using Aspirenet.
The Call Screening feature will not work across the Aspirenet and is not supported in the Aspire system.

Park and Page cannot be used with Aspire CVM.

Some performance problems will occur in the system that contains the CVM during power up if CVM has a lot of mailboxes to update. For example, a 550 mailbox system may take 10 minutes to update lamps and the system does not function during the lamp update. This issue also historically existed in Aspire.

A Transferred call of more than two hops across the network may have issues with ring-no-answer or log-on to voice mail with the wrong protocol. This issue also historically existed in Aspire.

Using CF set up from the extension has a two-hop limit. If forwarding is set up in Program 24-06: Fixed CF, has no limitation.

If an extension has a VM key for a co-worker, the CVM navigation soft key may not initially work. Once the users logs into their mailbox, the soft keys work fine.

Additional Programming Notes:

System Hosting the CVM:
45-01-01: BLANK
45-01-07: CVM Pilot Number (When entered here for CVM leave 11-07: BLANK)
45-01-08: Dept Group Number
45-01-19: 1= Enhanced

Remote System:

45-01-01: Blank
45-01-07: CVM Pilot Number
45-01-08: BLANK
45-01-19: 1 = Enhanced

Both Systems:
20-01-04: 30
10-20: Device 4: =30000

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024