web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#637207 06/23/20 12:16 PM
OP Offline
Im a hotel owner and have a Mitel sx-50 phone system. We have 22 hotel rooms and also 10 cabins on the property. Long story short, our system is down right now. We are in Pagosa Springs, Colorado and are having a hard time trying to find someone to come look at it. I figure if someone comes out and if we may have to reprogram this thing I should look into having a newer system installed but do not have thousands of dollars to do so. Can anyone recommend a new system and ballpark cost just for me to consider and any installers that might be in the area. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
With today's technology, hosted is the only smart way to go. You pay a monthly recurring service charge which includes everything from phones to service. You stop paying from Dial tone from who ever you get it from. very often there is a cost a monthly cost savings or a small increase for a complete new system

Monthly cost is based on the number of phones @ about $20 per phone. So 40 phones is $800 per month minus the cost you are now paying for Dial tone.

Admin
Admin
Is this a math error or illusion? $800/month for dial tone in a motel that makes about 20 calls a day? Or do you spend about $2500 to buy the hardware and $80 per month for dial tone? $9600 or $3500? Second year costs $960 vs $9600. How cost effective is "hosted" then?

Carl

I don't know the pricing, but probably look to panasonic, or NEC for a low cost premise solution. I agree with Carl about premise Vs. hosted here.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Admin
Admin
TransTel makes small lodging systems.

TransTel Telephones

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Really, recommending hosted for lodging, especially when the OP specifies cabins?

Going to need decent Internet service to start, is it available to a rustic lodge and cabins in Pagosa Springs?

That's going to be a wiring nightmare to get reliable Ethernet to each cabin within the loop limits, and you're probably going to need to rewire the lodge rooms as well.

What does anyone in a motel/hotel use the room phone for anymore? Just calling the front desk, cause everyone uses their cell phone for incoming/outgoing calls.

Replace the sx50 with something modern that supports single line phones for the rooms. Get a SIP trunk for dial tone if there's actually any appreciable inbound/outbound calling.

There's lots of cases for hosted, but lodging just isn't it

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I'm going to second the idea of purchasing a system that uses traditional lines. Hosted is never appropriate for a hotel/motel environment. Panasonic and Vertical Communications also make current products that are equipped with hotel/motel features right out of the box. The key, and when I say key, I mean THE KEY, is selecting a legitimate local vendor to sell, install and support it. In a remote environment such as yours, that might be your biggest obstacle.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
C5Z Offline
The Panasonic NS700 single cabinet would be a great fit for you, reuse the existing cabling and phones plus a few IP or digital phones for the front office. Has hotel features and will last 10-15 years.
Kevin

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper
Agree with the majority here. Hosted would not be a good solution here.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Wouldn't hurt to check with an NEC dealer. The NEC finance dept has just come up with some creative offers for this difficult time that may help you.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024