web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Don't forget that this is a two-pair system and it is polarity-sensitive. In addition, the second pair's polarity must be reversed, as in tip-yellow, ring-black.

Yeah, it's been a while. I do remember those Goldstar flat pack KSUs having some kind of issue with polarity reversal on the second pair. Maybe it knocked out the paired station if reversed? I can't say for sure.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Re-hashing OLD thread about OLD phone system... but wasn't Northcom taking over/ merged with Intertel ??
I saw an old manual of theirs and they had a "Premiere" system and it's font was EXACTLY like Intertel's old Premiere system....

B.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Mittel brought Inter-Tel

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
It's also interesting is looking at the cover page. June 1984 the Northcom Premier NC-1648 and the Feb 1985 Northcom 1A3. The Premier is digital while the other is electronic.

[Linked Image]

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
North, and Northcom were products produced for the distribution unit of the United Telephone System. This company was called North Supply, later becoming Sprint/North Supply, then Embarq Logistics and finally KPG Logistics. All of these systems came from the same manufacturers, with the majority being Lucky Goldstar, later LG Electronics. They made systems marketed under many, many different name brands. The documentation similarities are because they were printed by the same source and just altered with the different brands' logos.

They didn't make systems for Inter-Tel or Mitel though.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ah, the NC-1648. The second radio station I worked for installed one in 1985. I think I still remember the password to get into the setup menu. No one wanted the system when it was replaced, so it got scrapped.

Got replaced with a MICS about 15 years later (the MICS is still in service).

Professor Shadow...THAT'S THE MANUAL I WAS REFERENCING ..the name and font is INDENTICAL as stated in my initial post ---here is a "INTERTEL Premier" power supply.... these Intertel Premiere systems were almost identical to the Intertel GMX48...and had same power supplies...
Notice Premier font is IDENTICAL to Prof Shadow's pictured Northcom manual "Premier" .
I know this isn't critical stuff but just NEED CLOSURE! grin
Hence, once again why I thought the two companies merged / were affiliated.

SEE HERE> POWER SUPPLY

Last edited by barster; 07/19/20 01:32 AM.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
That power supply is for an ESP Premier 1224 / 2460. It was made by Intertel with North Supply's name on it. Nice system, 3-pair wiring, and don't even look cross-eyed at the blue pair or you will pop a fuse and take out 4 stations.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
Nice system, 3-pair wiring, and don't even look cross-eyed at the blue pair or you will pop a fuse and take out 4 stations.
Was it 4 stations? I was thinking it was the whole card. We took over an account where over the years some people would reverse the first pair on the backboard while others reversed at the jack locations.

>POP< "Hey, my phone isn't working!"

Carry extra fuses!

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Online Content
It's been so long, I just googled it. 6 stations per card!! (hazy memory had 8) And yes, only one fuse for the whole card.

I started carrying a pair of fiberglass long nose pliers for bridge clips on the blocks, and a fuse insertion tool to replace the fuses without pulling the board.

Yeah, had to pound into the guys to terminate the jacks normally and reverse the jumper at the backboard, so didn't have to think about if it was an amphenol to modular adapter at the end of an old 25 pair run or a 3 pair cable on a jack.

Last edited by Touch Tone Tommy; 07/22/20 05:13 PM. Reason: CRS - Can't Remember Sh*t
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 150 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024