web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#637614 07/26/20 07:29 AM
MJonas Offline OP
OP Offline
We are using several OfficeServ 7400, 7200 and 7200s alle with the latest software update '17.02.28 V5.01. They are all connected together by SPNET.
we are using for all Phone Systems a 4 digit numering plan, for example OfficeServe A would be 1xxx, B would be 2xxx, C 3xxx, D 4xxx etc.

The routing and calling works perfektly but what is realy strange is, when we make a call and then press any digit on the Phone (Digital Samsung Phones or Samsung IP-Phones) the routing is shown.

Please watch this video to see what's happening: http://intern.alpinesparesorts.com/SPNET.MOV

So on IP-Phone 4465 (System D) im calling 1400 (System A), the call goes throught but as soon as I'm pressing a digit the display showes "00011400"
0001 = System ID under 3.3.1 (System D); 1400 is the extention (System A).

Why is this happaning? is it a bug?

Please see configuration:

[Linked Image from intern.alpinesparesorts.com]

The main reason why I'm posting this is because it happenes sometimes also in the Samsung TSP Tapi. So instead of signaling for exaple extention 1400, 00011400 is send.

Thank you for your help

Jonas

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I've never seen it, but then never had spnet with 5.01.
Why is only 1 using sRTP?
why 4 digit site id's? I only ever used 3 digit, but it shouldn't matter.

With your route table, even though it's not needed I always put a modification table in. If you don't it defaults to 1 from memory so if you ever or something in there it will cause issues.

MJonas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your reply.

sRTP can't be used by the others as they are 7200s and do not support sRTP.

Could you make me an example how you would "number" the site id's?

By "route table" do you mean to put in just "1" in the modify- field? and / or do you put also something in under 3.1.5?

Coud you test on your end if the case happans also with you that after pressing a button the routing number is shown?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Since you don't have any other entries in your lcr table, I'll assume that you aren't using lcr for anything else.
I usually use 77x or 22x for site id's. Depending on where the systems were located.
We have different local number pre-fixes per state, and free call numbers starting with 1, area codes (including mobile) with 0x, etc

You could use 00x to make it easier for you.
I don't work for a Samsung dealer anymore so don't have access to a 2nd system to test unfortunately.

I can't watch your video on my mobile, but I understand what's happening, it sounds like a bug in the handset display, the full number is "site id+ extension number", the systems just step the site id when displaying the caller id.

I have noticed with 5.01 and using number to name translation, I can sometimes get the society changed to number rather than name on my 7200s v5.01, seems to occur when a 2nd call comes in via an unconditional ring group which is transferred by the vmaa.

MJonas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you again for your help, i tried with another setting like 88x etc. but the error presists. I think it realy is a Bug.

Another question: under 3.3.1 (System Link ID) there is a setting calles "No MGI" it looks like when I put it on ON the speeking quality is better. Can you explain me whats the setting abouth.

a simmilar setting is available under 3.3.4 (Networking Option) SPNET Digit Send: MGI Signaling vs MCP signaing.

what setting do you suggest?

thank you again for your help

Jonas

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
"No mgi" tells the system to use mps for voip to voip communication. It requires an oas card in the os7200/os7400.

As you've seen it gives you better speech quality.

Mgi converts non-voip (eg pstn or pri trunks) into voip and vice versa.
Mps passes this straight through via proxy (system is the proxy).

Eg ip handset to sip trunks, ip handset to spnet.

Have a read of these documents
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5X2HyF56LGuN3gzNUxhQVRrZjg

Last edited by nameless; 07/26/20 04:31 PM. Reason: More information
MJonas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much for your help and the documents.
I did understand the concept but still have a few questions:

If both systems for example system A and B are equipped with OAS than I should set “NO MGI” for SPNET to on on both sites, right? You would recommend this?
What about 7200s whiteout OAS, should I then keep “NO MGI” off on the remote side? What abouth for the 7200s it self when communicating to a 7200 with OAS?

What advantage do I have with “NO MGI” set to ON in two systems with OAS cards when calling from a digital/analoge phone to a digital/analoge phone? What I mean is there a general advantage for SPNET with MPS or would it only have sense for IP/Voip phones using SPNET?

Whats is the setting under 3.3.4 (Networking Option) SPNET Digit Send: MGI Signaling vs MCP signaing for?

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to understand it 100%

Thank you

Jonas

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I just re-read my post, i left out the part where the MPS functionality is builtin to all other OS7000 systems.
As long as MPS is turned on in system wide settings in DM.
There is no advantage for DGP/SLT phones in using MPS. I always turned it on anyway, the system just won't use it if not using IP to IP.
We were never told about the MGI/MCP Digit send. At a guess it will either send the Digits via MCP signalling vs in the voice stream. Much like the the different DTMF send options and sip trunks.

MJonas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi and thank you again.
I have testet thet MPS Service over several OfficeServPBX that are connected together. It is working find, I understand the concept - id does absolutely make sence.

BUT: what about mobile SIP clients? They will never be able to reach all IP Phones through the system. That would work only if every single IP/SIP Phone in the system is reachable from outside and thats impossible.

So whats the solution in this case?

I mean: if your are working with MPS with several OfficeServPBX that are in the same network and every single IP phone can reach another that it will perfektly. But as soon as you have external SIP Phones thous will never be able to reach al the IP phone ind the system.

It would be perfekt if there would be a setting to excluse MPS service only for certain SIP Phones but id did not find a setting like this.

Thank you for your help

Jonas

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
External SIP phones can use MPS.
You just port foward the MPS ports like you do with MGI ports
40000-40xxx are the default MPS
45000-450xx are the default RTG (ring back tone generator) ports.
The MP card acts as the proxy, so as long as you can talk to it, you can use MPS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024