web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rstrek Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

A migration from a Toshiba CIX 670 system to a competitor went awry, and I've been brought in to offer options to save the day.

The new system is ready to go and can accept calls. It is ready to accept them no issue, at different numbers.

The big question I'm being asked is "can we forward all calls from our ISDN PRI over to the other system, using just Call Forwarding features?"

Of course this is complicated because I'm inexperienced and there are a dozen DIDs, some Mulitple Call Groups, ACD Groups, Phantom DNs, the main menu at mailbox 990 of course, stations on DND or not on DND, and more to consider.

I attempted to use the VoiceHome feature but now realize it is not System Call Forward, it's simply a notification of mailbox messages. I'm investigating System Call Forward, but I don't understand the major categories yet (DND, Busy, No Answer) and how they apply to "send every caller with zero rings" like a traditional Call Forward External at a handset does.

Am I going about this all wrong - that is, is there are better way to redirect these calls within the Toshiba system - temporarily until the phone company can catch up and port the numbers?

Thanks in advance for helping get us out of this pickle.

Last edited by rstrek; 10/15/20 02:44 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

rstrek Offline OP
OP Offline
I've created a System Call Forward profile with my external number in the 95552222222 format, and tried testing it with all the various triggers (DND, busy, etc) but it has no effect.

Should I do 915552222222 for a long distance call?

I've tried applying the System Call Forward profile to an extension, mailbox, PhDN, etc. but I saw literally no change whatsoever in the behaviour of those things. For example; currently I have the SCF profile set to active on DND, and have a handset and mailbox set to DND, and they simply send all calls directly to the mailbox which records a message (or doesn't if I uncheck that). They don't seem to notice the SCF setting at all.

I can't apply it to a MCG without being at a physical handset, according to other posts on this forum (like https://sundance-communications.com...ting-for-immediate-forwarding#Post605883), and unfortunately I can't get to a physical handset right now.

I tried to set a traditional Call Forward External on a PhDN but it didn't work - maybe because of the handset my tester was using? Apparently they got a fast busy after trying to type in the number. That's per this: https://sundance-communications.com...ting-for-immediate-forwarding#Post605883

They typed #6011#88885552222222 and got a fast busy halfway through (where 8888 is the PhDN and 555-222-2222 is the number)

Last edited by rstrek; 10/15/20 04:40 PM.
The code to turn on call forwarding on a different DN would be #6012, and not #6011. If the PhDN is assigen an owned then you can use #6011 at the phone on the button setup as the PhDN.
I would probably put 8888 on a phone, assign an owner, and then user #6011. From testing I found that call forwarding seems to work better when the PhDN has an owner.
The phone display will always show CF-ALL External, but since you are migrating away from the Toshiba I don't think this will bother anyone.
I have user a Multiple Call group with the #6012 and had some good success with using #6012

For a PRI, you can call forward at the DID settings. For the DIDs use the destination of Dialing Digits and 915552222222. The number should be exactly like you would dial it from another phone, with a 1 if required in your area. A one is usually requires so that the PBX knows you are dialing a long distance number and not a 7 digit local, but that depends on your area and the PBX settings. Pickup a handset and dial the number if you are not sure.

If the calls fail to forwardwhen testing, then it may be the Class of service doesn't allow tandem CO connections. A second possibility is that the PRI carrier isn't allowing foreign DIDs as outgoing caller ID

Good luck

I tell you the easiest way to forward the entire PRI is to unplug it and tell your phone carrier that your PBX is down and you need to forward all calls to another location. Some may carriers will forward the calls for you.

You can forward calls from the main menu of the voicemail system, which would basically involve setting up a forwarding voicemail box with the extension @F-915552222222-H . The calls directed to that voicemail box would forward offsite.

Since they are migrating to a new PBX, I think intercepting the call at the DID instead of at the voicemail system would be the best way.

rstrek Offline OP
OP Offline
We did go the route of asking the carrier to forward the numbers temporarily but they were concerned it might impact the porting process.

The numbers were indeed PRI, so in eManager > Trunk > DID, I updated the destination digits with the 91number string and it's working perfectly.

Thank you very much, once again, for your fast and accurate help.

I understand the concern, but I haven't had a porting issue with the numbers being forwarded.

At least you got it working.

rstrek Offline OP
OP Offline
Since I have your ear - is it possible to see which users have configured a Call Forward External on their handsets, without going and looking at them? I've found it difficult to find references to that in the manuals.

The one way that I have seen that will let you look at the call forwarding is My Phone Manager. I don't know why they never rolled in this function into eManager. I found that it is very useful.

You will have to install My Phone manager and setup a security code for all the extensions. Also, since it hasn't been updated in a long time, I think it will work with IE11 in comparability mode.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,290 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024