Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Derrick
XP OS should be loaded onto the hard drive, from there just like you are looking at your own laptop, go to desktop, then start programs look for Vodavi, and there should be an admin file to open, works the same as the old pathfinders, not like the admin sofware where you connect with a serial cable.

Hello Derrick,

Yes the XP OS is loaded and there are 3 programs running.

Data Source 3.0.211
PathFinder
Process Monitor
See the pictures in the DropBox link here: InSkins HDD

The programs that are running don't seem to give any ability to make any changes.

I did a search for Vodavi and only found one file. Vodavi89.exe
When I double click on it a screen pops up that appears to be black DOS screen for about 1 second and
then disappears. Can't read anything in that 1 second flash but if something is there that can't be used.

As I said before I am feeling like as Dumb as a Rock here but it seems that certain program files are just missing.

Also when I search for *admin*.* I get the files shown in the one picture. Clicking on a few indicate that
the file is either changed or moved and will no longer work.

Any chance there is something that can be downloaded from somewhere that could be loaded into this HDD??

Thanks for any assist.

Les

Last edited by ABLE1; 12/17/20 02:02 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The voice mail would not be running at all, no view port if the operating system was not loaded. Minimize all the open screens and open xp menu like you would for any program and see if there is an icon/shortcut/folder for voice mail or vodavi or if I remember correctly it may be pathfinder. There should be something there that opens programming, otherwise you will need a serial cable and the admin software loaded on a laptop to progam the voicemail.

Last edited by Derrick; 12/17/20 07:33 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Derrick
The voice mail would not be running at all, no view port if the operating system was not loaded. Minimize all the open screens and open xp menu like you would for any program and see if there is an icon/shortcut/folder for voice mail or vodavi or if I remember correctly it may be pathfinder. There should be something there that opens programming, otherwise you will need a serial cable and the admin software loaded on a laptop to program the voicemail.

Hi Derrick,

"The voice mail would not be running at all, no view port if the operating system was not loaded."
Sorry if I was not clear. The XP Operation System is running as well as the three programs as listed.

The Extensions do have access to the Voice Mail system. Where I am having a problem is finding the
program that is used to program the Voice Mail System.

Yes, previously I was using InSkin Admin that was loaded on my Laptop and I connected thru a Serial Cable.
For whatever reason that software has a problem and I can't connect. I get a couple of errors when I open
the program and then when I try to connect I get an error stating I need to enter the passcode for Ext. 100
I have already set that passcode to 0000 and have entered that before connecting.
Even though I can only see the **** on the screen when I type 0000.

The fact that I can't get InSkin Admin to work is the reason I am trying to program thru the Monitor-Mouse-Keypad
directly connected to the board. That is what I was hoping to do but not finding the correct program to do so makes
me more that a bit frustrated.

Ok, so that being said I brought up Programs/Pathfinder Voice Processing/Shortcuts List
Under that list there is the following:
ActiveVex Help
Boombox
Call List Admin
CodeKey Manager
Data Server
DCC SwitchBoard
DCC SwitchBoard Help
E-Mail Sync Server
E-Mail Sync Server Admin
Maint
Pathfinder
Q&A Admin
Release Notes
Unified Messaging Server
VPIM Outbound Messaging Manager

Of those if I click on Pathfinder what comes up is a program called ViewPort Pathfinder
Which only give me a LiveView of the Active CO ports. No Programming abilities or the VM.

Otherwise the short cuts don't go anywhere. Except to say that the shortcut refers to a program that
has been changed or moved. Do you want to delete this shortcut??

So it would seem to me that the Pathfinder Admin program(s) have been deleted at some point.

Would like to know where I can acquire the files that can be loaded on this XP HDD.
Or where I can DL a copy of InSkin Admin that I can load on my WIN98 Laptop (that still works)

Thanks for the assist!!

Les

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
You certainly have given quite a bit of info. I can feel your frustration too. Don't know if this would change anything, but perhaps running a disk maintenance program on it like defrag might help? It did always feel odd using the VMHD as the PC by connecting the Monitor, mouse and keyboard to it. I don't know if trying clone a VMHD would help either. Especially since the drive is mounted on the board.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dave,

I could add a lot more to the info list but not sure it would help. I agree on the defrag. But it didn't help.
I think there are two things that are going on with this particular VM HDD. One, is that at some time in
the past someone deleted some part of the files. Two, there is a loose connection on the DB9. I noticed
at one point it appeared I was connected with WINDBA and then I was not.

I would like to do a clone of the HDD if I had a good working unit to clone from, however I don't.

Lots of odd issues so at this point I have abandoned the process for trying to get it to work as a replacement
for my office system. If this was for a customer I would have thrown in the towel a lot sooner.

Thanks for the tips.

Have a better New Year starting this week. :-)

Les

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 139 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024