web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64016 02/16/10 04:56 AM
Ms12345 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

Have an axxess v.10 - have enabled my call center supervisor stations, and mine, to be able to silent monitor their CSR's.

Am curious - is there a way for me to be able to dial in from outside and silent monitor? Would like the ability to monitor outside my normal office hours without having to come in.

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You would have to set up an IP phone or IP softphone to connect via WAN.

Last time we set that up, we used a Dee's service observing unit, hooked to a single line extension, and accessed that extension from a DISA. Of course in a situation like that, you're monitoring the trunks, not the extensions. It's been several years, so I'm a little foggy on how we hooked it up. It was actually on a Premier as I recall, but it's something to think about if it'd work for what you need. Sounds like you really need to be able to monitor stations, not trunks though.

Ms12345 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies.

We may invest in an extra IP phone, as that sounds like the simplest option.

MacGyver- I was wondering if there was an option via DISA, but hadn't heard of a 'service observing unit.' We're a fairly small call center, and even if only able to monitor trunks it could still be an option - we're lucky to have 5-6 simultaneous incoming calls into the call center after hours, thus only a handful of trunks to need to plug into.

Thanks again.

You can also use System auto monitor which is an old CTI app from inter-tel. You need and a couple of agent phones and System OAI with 3rd party events, but it works quite well. PM me if you need the part numbers.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024