web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I am currently using Inter-Tel Axxess v. 9.002 and really would like to get some form of unified communications back. We had it about 7 years ago, but Inter-Tel dropped support beyond Office 2000.

I am back looking at it and have been proposed to upgrade to the Inter-Tel (Mitel) CS5000. We are not using VoIP and have no immediate need or it, but I know that is the future. We have no issues with the Axxess system and I am not a fan of upgrading just to upgrade, but the UM features of the CS5000 sound appealing.

Does anyone have experience with both systems? What are the pros and cons of migrating to the CS5000 over the Axxess? What about the support of cell phones (Blackberry, Android or WinMo) on the CS5000? I was told you could integrate various handsets to the system.

Thanks for any info you might have. Just trying to make an educated guess as to which way to go.

Jeff

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 5000 has proven to be a reliable system and is easy to support. Some thoughts:

1. The embedded voicemail on the 5000 does SMTP forwarding only, so it is not really 'unified'. However, you may have been quoted an external mail server that does do true UM. Please respond w\ the voicemail model name and I can clarify what you can expect.

2. You do not need to do VOIP w\ the 5000 as it supports all single-pair Inter-Tel digital keysets. You could do VOIP at any type in the future however and it does it quite well.

3. One major 'pro' of upgrading from an Axxess is an ongoing support and development commitment from Mitel that is not there for the Axxess. New versions and hardware are on the roadmap for the 5000 and there is cool stuff coming up. There is no roadmap for the Axxess.

4. The 5000 can ring your keyset and cell at the same time and you can switch in between them really easily. An admin can setup pretty comprehensive call routing rules for each user that allow for up to 2 external phone numbers and up to 3 internal extensions to ring at the same time or in a delayed fashion. Pretty nice.

5. The 5000 also can support SIP trunking, caller-id pass through, all the new Mitel IP sets and the new Mitel digital sets. There soon will be Office status integration and support for Mitel's desktop clients.

I would suggest waiting for version 4.0 It will be a new chassis design based on the look of the Mitel cabinets and will add some additional Mitel support the current version do not. I know our office installed it last week doing some bata testing and the certification test has been released so I would suspect it will be out pretty soon.
Randy

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. Looks like this could definitely be a good option to upgrade to. The quote is to replace my Axxess System with a CS5000 VoIP Platform and replace the current VPU with a new Enterprise Messaging Server. Hope this helps to provide a little more info.

When is Version 4 supposed to come out? Our lease agreement will allow for software updates, but it sounds like v.4 is a hardware update, correct?

Jeff

The EM server can do true UM by integrating w\ your email server via IMAP. Works well and there is no client :-).

Version 4 should be out by the end of next month. There is a new chassis due as well, but I am not clear that you will need the new chassis to support 4.0. You should get a years worth of software updates however.

OP Offline
I have just sent a request back to my salesman to see if our upgrade can wait for the new hardware. Unfortunately his quote is only valid until the 31st, so hopefully he will be able to get us version 4.

OP Offline
MVSpeed, Is the beta testing pretty stable? My rep just said that they are looking for beta testers.

I personally don't mind doing beta testing. Heck I have been running Windows 7 and Office 2010 from tech preview days! BUT...this is a business and I really can't afford to be down.

He also said the hardware would be upgradeable to version 4.

private message sent
I do want to say for other readers yes it is stable and if you are a shop beta might be a good idea..... for a customer ............ I wouldn't beta anything my lively hood was reliant on but that's just me

I have heard differently on the Enterprise Messaging. I hear that the EM is being phased out and the Mitel NuPoint will be replacing it. Mitel is currently out of Stock on New EM units. The NuPoint UM solution requires the MAS server and apparently is still does not work properly even though it was released a while a go.

Sorry to revive an old topic, but we have had nothing but trouble with the NuPoint UM integrating with our Mitel 5000 systems. Can anyone verify if the Enterprise Messaging is still available, and if it integrates better than the NuPoint? We have had our 5000's and the NuPoint for about 15 months now, and are ready to get rid of it. We had Axxess systems with a VPU before and never had any problems.

Just curious, does anyone know of a very experienced Inter-Tel/Mitel dealer in the Michigan area that would know these systems in and out, unlike the dealer we bought them from?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 73 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024