web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Anyone know where I can get Aspire Displays that work (permanently)

From what I understand if the the phones where made before 2005 the modules are good

I’ve bought phones/ Display modules in the past but when ever I go back to these sites the displays are not working

I don’t really need them …just wondering

I would like to just get the replacement modules

There’s not many left out there but there’s a few

I think the UX 5000 phones work on the aspire

What a disaster that problem was you wonder if it was intentional just seems kind of strange that they never corrected the problem properly

Thanks

JD

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

They actually did. I replaced thousands of these phones (at no cost from NEC) for our customers as well as other vendors. At this point you are talking about a system that has been EOL for what 15 years now? I would also make sure they didn't inadvertently turn the contrast all the way down. From what I was told it's the connector or connecting cable that goes bad. BTW, the super-display phones never had this issue.

Last edited by Coral Tech; 03/28/22 07:35 AM.
I was introduced to NEC back in the mid 80's. One of the things that stand out over the years is how NEC takes responsibility for defective equipment. Regarding the Aspire I believe that was the Nitsuko model brought over when NEC bought them out along with the DSX which also had display issues with their phones. NEC switched out those defective phones 2 to 3 years after the warranty at no cost, the replacement phones always looked like new.
The DTH-6D-1 and DTH-16D-1 also had displays fail early, oddly the 32 button phones didn't. Again, NEC replaced them well past warranty.

We get old too soon, smart too late
They had no choice in australia as there is a statutory consumer warranty that suppliers can not legally restrict (HP got fined A$3million for trying to) and that warranty says (I'm paraphrasing here) the product has to be fit for the purpose for which it is sold and that includes a reasonable expectation of lifespan. I personally have used this law with a car we bought new with a 3 year warranty and over 4 years after buying it, the dashboard developed a split. They had to replace the entire dashboard free of charge!

OP Offline
even when I purchase refurbished phones they work in the beginning but they end up having the same issue over time

I know the product is old but some customers still have them

any recommendations of were to purchase refurbished phones with good displays or just the display only

I was told if the phone was made prior to 2005 the displays were good

Thanks

JD

The only thing I can say is that I only replace with super display phones or UX5000 ones. Unless you can get a good warranty out of a refurb place. Even refurbed they are over 15 years old at this point.

Admin
Admin
I replaced DSX displays for a customer about 18 months ago and they still work. I got them from a vendor on Ebay for about $15 a piece. It says in their ad that they are for this series too.
Try hereDisplay

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024