web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
nanas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a Samsung Officeserv 7030, which has been working without any problems up to date.

It was connected to a Co line and there was never a problem with the outgoing and the incoming calls, neither with the caller id for the incoming ones.

Until recently, that my telephony became broadband (voip) telephony, in means that the Co line was changed to Fiber.

Therefore, the Officeserv 7030 has now to be plugged in one of the two phone ports of the router of the ISP provider, in order to make and receive calls.

And although, both outgoing and incoming calls are made without any problem, when I receive an incoming call I get the following message on the phones “No Clip Info”. In other words, there is no caller id.

The following should be noted:
- There has been no change in the programming of the Officeserv. It is programmed as it was, when it was connected to the Co line and the caller id for the incoming call appeared on the phones.
- If regular phones (for example a cordless phone) is connected to either of the two phone ports of the router, they receive caller id. The problem with no caller id, appears only on the Samsung Officeserv 7030.

Do you have any idea on the above?
Is there a troubleshooting, or the specific pbx cannot show a caller id, when not connected to a Co line, but instead to a router for broadband (voip) telephony?

Thank you in advance for your feed-back.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In mmc 119 change ringing display on line 1 to show cli number first. Then display on line 2 to show name. Then place a test call and see if the number comes through that way. It might be that you're not getting the name info of the CID but you're getting the number.

What software version is the 7030 on?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
There are a couple of ways cid can be delivered on co lines.
Check with the voip provider what method they are using.
I have seen incompatibity with cid it was with ds816 (aka dcs24) and certain exchanges, never with os7000 and voip.

There is a mmc I the 400's where you can change the cid type from memory.

Otherwise upgrade to 5.03 and go straight voip if you can

nanas Offline OP
OP Offline
I made the changes in MMC 119. The issue remains.
The firmware is the 4.4 and I won't change it, since everything else works perfect.
Another MMC that might affect is 805 (CID Type). It is by default to ETSI. Changing that, doesn't show clip info neither.

Notes:

1) I hooked up the PBX to a router with voip telephony of another ISP provider. The caller id shows up without problem.
Therefore, the problem appears to be with the ISP and/or its router.

2) I didn' t mention above that initially, when the line was changed from copper to fiber and the telephony to voip, the caller id was showing.
The problem first occurred, when the ISP made a change, so that my alarm system can communicate with the alarm signal center. They said that they changed the signal to DTMF.
When the problem with the caller id showed up, I told them to restore the line to the default settings.
The support of the ISP say that my line is set to default settings now.

Having said the above, since the problem remains, I asked for a new router.
Although the existing one has been restored to default settings, there might be a problem with this specific router finally.

I ll troubleshoot and keep you posted.
Any more ideas are more than welcome with this weird problem.

Last edited by nanas; 04/16/22 12:04 PM.
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Being a 7030 I would upgrade to at least 4.93 just to avoid the file system corruption issue.

Also unless the isp equipment is battery backed up your alarm system won't be able to callout when there is a power outage.

Have you tried changing the po rd ts to normal them back to cid trunks?

When you call in is there a couple of second pause before the handsets ring?

Eg

Burst of ring, pause, handsets ringing.

nanas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by nameless
Being a 7030 I would upgrade to at least 4.93 just to avoid the file system corruption issue.

Also unless the isp equipment is battery backed up your alarm system won't be able to callout when there is a power outage.

Have you tried changing the po rd ts to normal them back to cid trunks?
Can you give more details on that? In MMC 425 PRS Trunk are you referring to? Making changes there, doesn' t solve the issue.

When you call in is there a couple of second pause before the handsets ring?
There is a delay of 5-6 seconds from placing the call till the handsets start ringing.

Eg

Burst of ring, pause, handsets ringing.

Last edited by nanas; 04/17/22 12:44 PM.
nanas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
The issue has been solved, as soon as we changed the router. With the new router provided by the ISP, there is caller id.
Thank you for your feedback and support.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024