web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
I have my last FX-II in the field. After a power outage the DOS Corp Office died. Shipped it out for repair and it is now working after replacing the PC power supply. Repair connected it on their bench and it answered fine. Now back in the field, I dial those analog extensions and they don't answer.

We have swapped the IST card and sent the VM out again. It doesn't appear to be either of those. When we connect a butt set or analog phone to the IST ports that feed the VM we can answer the calls. When the VM is connected it doesn't show any calls, and the VM extensions just roll and roll as if the cable isn't plugged in.

We have replaced the cabling and jacks to rule that out.

This all started after a power outage. The equipment was on battery backups FWIW.

Is it possible that the ring being generated by the IST is enough for a test set, but somehow not enough for the Rhetorex 432 to recognize? I remember on the DXP the ring generator was it's own device. I think the FX is build into the IST card. What would you try next?

Business IT & Telephony Solutions
https://www.dsitechservices.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Easy way to test the ringing is to deprogramm the ports as voice mail and plug a single line phone into each port and call the extension numbers. That would eliminate ring voltage. Also verify the database didn't lose the voice mail programming during the power issue.

[Linked Image]
tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
I didn't deprogram the ports, but currently as set as VM the ports ring correctly. I connect my butt set to each VM port and I am able to call it and answer it. At one point I think I even put the VM port 1 on a random IST (default programming) just to see if it would answer. It didn't.

Voicemail programming looks correct in the DB as far as I can tell. Anything specific to check?

When we press the vmail softkey or dial the VM, it just rings VM1, VM2, VM3, VM4, and then starts over. If I use a banjo inline my butt set rings. The VM doesn't answer.

I was thinking that this reminds me of when you would put a fax machine on a DX-80 and it wouldn't answer, and then you had to play with the ring scheme.

Last edited by tylan; 07/05/22 12:38 PM.

Admin
Admin
Did the voice mail originally have serial port integration? When you go off hook with butt set on the VM port do you get dial tone or the DINK splash tone generated by voice mail port programming? You could turn on trace in the Key Voice to watch call progress tones/status. I would also change comm. ports on the FXII and the voice mail if it was serial integration.

[Linked Image]
tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, the system has always had serial integration. Yes, when I go off hook on the VM port I get the DINK splash tone. I've never heard that term before, but I do not get dial tone. It sounds like a single beep, which is what I assume you mean by DINK. Turning on trace does nothing because the system never answers the call. I reset the call counts when it came back from repair. After countless tests they are all still zero. The VM acts like it's not plugged into the IST ports.

Would serial port issues cause the VM not to answer? I feel like anytime we've had issues with serial ports or VM port 1 not matching with what the phone system says is VM port 1 it would still answers, but then act goofy after.

Last edited by tylan; 07/05/22 03:02 PM.

tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
It was a bad PCI modem in the voicemail! No clue what happened at repair, and how they were able to dial into the VM. Whether they removed the card while working on it or if there's some type of short related to shipping.

Either way - when I removed the modem the VM answers on all four ports. When I put it back in it does not. We don't need a PCI modem. I don't care to troubleshoot if it's a short, IRQ conflict, etc. I'm just glad it's finally working!

Last edited by tylan; 07/11/22 04:51 PM.

1 member likes this: nonameyet
Admin
Admin
I have seen funky IRQ conflicts cause this but it was rare. Glad you got it fixed.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024