web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#643194 07/23/22 01:18 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
OK, I know it's old, but I'm perfectly happy with it for the most part. Besides, I'm a telephone man, not a cell phone man, hence the reason for coming here seeking assistance.

My "phone" is becoming increasingly slow, both in opening apps and even when texting. I often have to close the text and reopen it to continue typing my message. I'm not sure if this is a case of the thing just being worn out or if it's a case of the "phone's" resources (memory) being tapped out.

I'm also finding more and more apps, for example my mobile banking app, which requires me to update it. Unfortunately, it only runs on iOS13.0 and higher. This isn't the only app that is doing this. I've tried to update the iOS, but it will only go up to 12.5 5.

I know that there is a reset function, which I would like to assume that it's similar to scandisk/defrag on a PC. Something tells me that Apple's definition of the word 'reset' means wiping it out and starting over. I'm not about to risk it without some guidance.

Can anyone offer me any assistance here or is it time to buy another "phone"?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
Thanks, Dean. That appears be the direction in which I should be heading, but this link is for issues with iOS6, but I'm at 12.5.5 now. I don't want to make any assumptions, as you already know with these kinds of things. I'll explore this link's resources and see if there's something available that is more specific to my situation. Many thanks again for the info.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
I Googled the phone model, rather than the OS.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
I went ahead and did what the link said anyway, figuring that it couldn't get any worse. I had also Googled, etc., but the word 'reset' was mentioned everywhere and it just intimidated me. Apple's definition of the word isn't the same as what we phone people know it to mean. It turns out that the instructions really are more specific to the iPhone family itself, and not the model, version or software, so it worked out. It's not perfect, but it's working a whole lot better than before. I now know that one of the issues that I'm having has to do with the screen itself. That said, I'll probably just get a new phone.

One important note for others who may view this: Although they warn you about having to adjust your settings and reset ALL of your passwords, etc., I didn't realize just how many things that I had changed over the years. It took me a good while to get it back to where I wanted it. At least with this fix, I can shop at my leisure and not rush. Thanks again for the link.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed,

I think once you go past the Iphone 8, they change quite a bit. I am sticking with it for as long as possible, just for the home "button".
Rick

BTS
Admin
Admin
When my 6s got slower I went to the 2022 SE. It has no headphone jack but it seems to perform as well as my 6 and it has much stronger battery life. Plus it was affordable. $479 or so for the 128G.

Carl

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024