web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
My customer has an SL1100 with 10 analog trunks and 20 digital stations. Recently they're complaining that sometimes one party or the other can't be heard at all. This is happening on at least 7 of the 10 lines and on just about every station, so it's not happening on just one of the CO cards or one of the digital station cards. They do use Plantronics headsets, but they report that it's also happening with handsets.

The trunks are all from Consolidated Communications via analog copper beyond SLC-96 systems. Their tech verified that the trunks all test good and that they derive from separate SLC-96 systems and/or from multiple line cards within the systems, so it's unlikely that a single bad card or system on their end is at fault. He also reports that there are no other customer complaints at these systems. Ball's back in my court.

I'm thinking that the main board in the KSU must be at fault. I'm not sure if that's replaceable or if I have to replace the entire KSU. Any other ideas and input?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, I'm thinking that ancient SLC-96 is failing. One way audio on a digital phone system on ONLY the trunks...99% sure given what you said that the telco lines are causing this. Easiest way to test is take your buttset and make some calls right on the trunk and check your cabling. I am assuming you are not a telecom tech because this is some really basic stuff here.

OP Offline
I did check that, both with a butt set on the trunks and via the system phones. No problems on the test calls, but the customer said it's not happening on every call, or even on most. I may have to go and sit there longer making calls to see if I can get it to happen directly on a trunk.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mercenary Roadie), 100 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024