web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
Customer has nec UX5000 system that is being replaced with SL2100. Customer has 4 CO Trunks. Currently UX5000 inmail answers call and offers customer 2 choices (1 for restaurant, 2 for bakery). If I press 1 for restaurant the call will ring on the first of 4 common intercom keys appearances across all phones. I go to the phone on the UX5000 and press CHECK and buttons 1 through 4 are ICM 401, 402, 403 and 404. If I press 2 for bakery the call will rings on the first of 4 common intercoms across all phones Buttons 7 - 10 are ICM 501 - 504. If you press one of these keys you get directly to a trunk group. But the ICMs buttons can appear like a trunk on hold or in use across all phones. I do not have access to the UX5000 system.

Customer wants to duplicate this setup for ease of transition. If not possible what can I do.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Probably using CC keys that are hot dialed for trunk access. I mean I would do it a different way to be honest.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
Please share what you recommend if you can. On the old system each phone has 8 shared call appearance keys which also direct to a trunk group. It seems like there are 8 trunks but there are only 4. I don't think I can do this with the sl2100. Which would be a first for me.

I am trying to think of a work around with line keys and park keys. Also need to show which option the caller pressed in the dial action table. Ringing a Virtual key is ok, but lots of flashing lights.

Without Loop or Line keys you are boned. The UX5000 and Aspire have loop appearances on the actual phone outside the programmable buttons. You probably could do this with a 9100 because of CAP keys. Ya, can't really help you on this. I would set it up in a lab and see what you can do. I don't see how you get around not having line keys on all the phones and just control the ringing with CC keys/VE. I suppose dedicated park keys for each side with loops on each phone? I see no reason for not using 9 for a pool key if all they are doing is poor mans DID. I suppose you could bury it under a key to make everyone happy. Good Luck.

Maybe this would work its simple, for restaurant press 1, point this to virtual 250, assign 250 to any button on phones that should ring for the restaurant, program that button to ring. For bakery press 2, point this to virtual 251, do the same as above.
You can setup the virtual so when you press its button it will give you system dial tone or you can program it with automatic trunk line seizure.

We get old too soon, smart too late
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I got it to work they way the customer wants it on my bench. The virtual buttons can be used for outgoing and can be set for automatic outgoing line. As such you can press a virtual key, get a co trunk. You can also put it on hold and retrieve from another phone. I need 4 virtuals c/f busy to each other and it makes a 4 line hunt group for each department. It's a bit odd but what they are used to. this is a very busy bakery /restaurant. nec is very flexible unlike any other system.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
System has been functioning well with these two virtual hunt groups. We are experiencing an issue where calls land at extn 101 with TRF RCALL 252 seen on the screen and ext 101 beeping not ringing . 252 is a virtual. (250- 257 are virtuals in use)

All calls are answered by the inmail first. I am guessing, but not certain, callers are put on hold for too long? My transfer recall timer is 300 seconds (5 min). Do I needed to lengthen that? The place gets very busy at times.

If this system in in a semi-default config it probably going to an attendant phone when that call has no where to go.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
Semi default perhaps. My dial 0 option is 101 and that is where these calls are landing out of the blue. I suppose I can change my dial 0 option to one of my virtuals and have it ring back to the answering positions. I am not certain how it is a Transfer Recall timeout.

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I set up a system in my office with the customer's database. A call placed on hold will remind in 60 seconds and at 90 seconds it does TRF RECALL to Extension 101. If I change my operator extension the call will follow.

Basically what I need is a longer hold time. I adjusted 24-01-01 through 07 to 600 seconds. NO improvement.

Update: adjusted 20-31-10 through 12 with desired result!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 211 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024