web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a customer with IPO v7.036 with PRI and VM Pro. Owner would like incoming callers in a queue waiting for agent and the option to request a call back. I said I will check but doubtful. They are not licensed for any call center capability and theirs is an old release.

Could we make a basic hunt group queue with some queue messages? This is for a medical practice's appointments group.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Not possible. If you were to upgrade to current, you could look at Xima Chronicall (or the OEM version ACR).

Xima has the ability to do callback in queue very nicely.

Would be a pretty big lift as you would have to look at hardware, move licenses etc...

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
A year ago I rebuilt the VM pro for them and re-installed chronicall. Yes, they do have Xima chronicall for call recording. I know it is out of contract . But it is functioning.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
But the caller could jump out of queue and leave a voicemail message that your agents would need to pick up, listen to, and call the caller back manually

jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I like that but getting them to diligently return calls will not be easy.

One of the problems with this setup is the chronicall / recording library occupies a VM port to record calls and they only have a 4 port voicemail. As such ports get tied up quickly and then I would think there would be no way for a caller to opt out and leave a message. More ports I suppose is the first step but that is a big ask.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (sk), 102 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024