web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a company here in Michigan that has an Intertel 5000 ver 3.2 that wants to open an office in England near London. What are the differences between the system here and what will be required there??? Any one give me hand planning this??? :toast:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Easy way would be to setup a vpn between the two offices. With bandwidth getting cheaper and cheaper... each office would need a decent connection, then using a higher end firewall you would create a vpn between the two offices..

Then you would need another 5000 for the UK office..

The complete instructions for connecting them I don't have.. but I do have two remote offices which 5000's that connect to our 5600 in the main office.

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
I would never recommend using a VPN as a primary solution for voice networking. For the most reliable service you would need some sort of dedicated connection. The problem with a VPN is that you have no control of the network once it leaves the office. You will experience dropped calls, poor call quality, one way audio. This may not be a problem depending on the amount of voice traffic you expect to see across the network but if theres going to be customer traffic then a VPN is the last solution I would look at. You should contact some local dealers to come by and assess your needs.

With today's technology and connections this should not be a problem.

Granted you NEED the bandwidth..
Also you need a Hardware vpn solution that is capable of handling the amount of traffic.
Understand that the router/firewall needs to encrypt and decrypt the data as it passes though. If you have some dinky home vpn solution it will not handle this kind of traffic.

If the other side has connection issues you will experience what Tito is saying but with the massive broadband connections available for a WHOLE lot less the point to point..
This is not an issue.. Times have changed.. and many companies around the world run it like this..

I should add..

This all depends on how much traffic is happening between the offices..

How many people, how many active conversations between the two, how many calls will be routed between the offices.. etc etc..

We have an office in England. 5600 in the States. 5200 in UK. The entire operation works via Citrix connections to the US office. We have a VPN over a 4M DSL. Believe it or not. smile We've had very little trouble. Believe it or not. We have an AVPN service coming up within the next couple of days. This will be our main connection. The DSL was intended to be a backup only. It took AT&T and BT nearly eight months from the time of signing to installation. I hope you have patience.

Ours has been up for several years now, VPN, then MPLS, now w/EVPN have made better.

Have five networked locations - might as well be wire to wire for the most part. As long as they don't cut the cable, we're good.

Birmingham AL 'hub', Bristol UK, Columbus OH, Kansas City KS and now Chicago - 'spokes'.

Carmac
OP Offline
Thanks all. We have contacted a company in the UK for a bid. Also found out, British Telecom also handles Mitel. They are also giving a bid for a 3300.

You might want to try these guys for an alternate bid:

Gill Bantock
Support Span Limited
14 Alban Park
Hatfield Road
ST ALBANS
Hertfordshire
AL4 0JJ
Customer Services Reception - 0844 871 8485 Technical Support - 0844 871 8486 General Enquiries 01727 811866 Telephone 01727 734189 (DDI) Facsimile 01727 852686 Email [email protected] Web www.supportspan.co.uk Web www.splicenet.co.uk

Carmac
OP Offline
Yes. That is the company we had talked to about doing the work for us. BT also sent in a bid on a 3300. We are letting our customer choose between the to for installing the equipment. I will do our end of the programming.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024