web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello. I am working on a Axxess 5.2f system. The issue is that I have a user who has a regular station in the office (550.4500) and also has a VOIP station (770.4500) at home. Voice mail is set up on the office phone. The user wants to have a VM Message Waiting light/LCD message on his VOIP phone if a message is waiting on the office phone. This is rather easy with many systems, but from what I've seen, the 5.2f version of the Intertel system was not designed with this in mind. I've tried several creative things such as associating the mailbox to a extension list (it permitted me to do it, but the message lights didn't work). I've read that it is possible to do such a thing, but it is supposedly advanced. This is not a problem for me, as I am very experienced with the Intertel and other phone systems. It's just that sometimes one needs a little bit of a "starting tip" to get one into thinking creatively with these systems!

Also, while we're at it--something that's bugged me for a long time: the MSG button. If I program the button as the Messaging feature, the LED lights properly but pressing the button does NOT take one to the VM system unless there is a message waiting. (otherwise, it goes to the text messaging function). Programming the button as a DSS to the VM extension connects the user to the VM system no matter if there are messages or not (the desired effect) BUT the LED no longer functions as an MWI. Is this a "feature" of 5.2f or am I missing something?

FYI--if the advanced programming info is such that it should not be posted in public due to board rules, feel free to PM me....

Thanx in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You cannot light more than one lamp. It’s not an advanced feature; it’s a non-existent feature.

There are third party applications to accomplish this, but they’re pricey and I’m not sure if they would work on a system that old.

You could use remote message notification to ring a hunt group with both extensions when there is a message.

As far as the message key goes, it’s working properly. You need a message key and a voice mail key to access both features.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,619 Shoretel
189,509 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 144 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024