web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm mostly a network guy, not a phone wizard. I have a 5000 axxess system(Intertel 9.002 with DB Studio 1.51) and have figured out a lot of the software management of the system except Caller ID for a secondary location.
The Voice Processor at site A handles the voice mailboxes, star (schedules), call routing anouncements(CRA), and recordings etc.
When callers call the main phone number for a site A, it goes to the routing table, transfers to a star schedule, then to CRA, then to a hunt group of extensions. The phone is getting passed along and shows up on the phone screen as xxx-123-4567 from ext 2700. This is correct - 2700 is the CRA that transferred the call.
At site B, the call comes in and through 'System/Devices and Feature/CO Trunk Groups' and uses 'Day/Night Ring-in Type' to transfer to the CRA. Everything works fine except the phone screen says 'MAIN LINE' from ext 2800. If I call the extension directly, it displays the callerid phone number properly. I have searched and searched through all teh settings for callerid and can't figure it out. I'm thinking it has to do with site A having the Voice Processor(all the CRA, star, recordings) so - the call comes in to site B but has to go across the T1 to Site A for the CRA(call routing announcement). Each site has separate analog phone numbers for customers calling in. Help appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

At site B, go to System\Devices and Feature Codes\CO Trunk Groups\Trunk Group yer Site B Trunks Are In (i.e. 92001)\Trunks. Double click on the first trunk. The 'Service Type' field should say 'Caller ID'. Check all the trunks and reply w\ what you find.

OP Offline
Ok, at least here's where MAIN LINES is coming from. Under CO Trunk Groups,
extension 92001
description POTS
Username MAIN LINES

System\Devices and Feature Codes\Trunks\(there are 4 extensions)
Co Trunk Group - 92001
Service Type - Caller ID
DTMF Signaling - yes
Answer Supervision type - Valid call timer
(a couple more listed)
(last item)Send digits En Bloc - No

All other things being equal, off-node calls should work the same as those routed to local stations.

Specifically, what type of lines are you using?

You describe Site “A” as routing calls via a Call Routing Table, but Site “B” routing directly from the CO trunk group. That doesn’t quite agree with each site using analog phone numbers. I suppose that you could have analog DIDs, but it’s not likely.

You said that the Caller ID is displayed when the off-node station is dialed directly. How are you dialing that extension?

There are some settings to check, but we really need to know what you’ve got.

OP Offline
(In DB Studio software - Session Manager)
For Site A:
Under System\Devices and Feature Codes\CO Trunk Groups
92002 is listed as a PRI with Day/Night Ring In = Call Routing Table = 1
Under System\Devices and Feature Codes\Trunks - lists the 23 extensions, Type B-Channel
each extension, (no Service Type option) - but has 'Connect Trunk-to-trunk Call On Polarity Reversal = No

Under System\Trunk-Related Info\Call Routing Tables\1
Pattern 1234(last 4 digits of outside main phone #)
Description = <anything>, Ringin Type = Single, Ring-In Dest = xxxx(STAR)
(the xxxx is under VOice Processor\Devices\Applications\Local - all my STAR schedules and CRA)

For Site B:
Under System\Devices and Feature Codes\CO Trunk Groups
92001 is listed as POTS with Day/Night Ring-in = Single = xxxx(STAR)
(the xxxx is under Site A: VOice Processor\Devices\Applications\Local - all my STAR schedules and CRA)
Under System\Devices and Feature Codes\Trunks - lists 4 extensions, Type Loop Start
each extension, Service Type = Caller ID

For system cards, I have several 16 Keyset for all internal extensions.
When I say dial direct, I have a phone prefix (ex 111-222-xxxx, where xxxx are the extensions defined on all the Ketset 16 cards). Within the system, all that is needed is a person's extension. From an outside line, I can call 111-222-xxxx, to reach someone. This number is not the number used as the business number ex 111-333-1234. In example above, Pattern 1234 is part of 111-333-1234.
For Site B, something similar, customer number example 111-444-5678.

What else can I list to assist with type of lines?

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
On System B, change the Day and Night Ring-in Destination to go straight to an extension on System B instead of through a CRA on System A. This is just to verify that Caller ID is enabled from the provider on the POTS lines on System B.

OP Offline
Yep, you got it. Tested and then called our provider and found out there isn't callerid on the line. I guess I thought most lines just come with callerid nowdays. Thanks, you guys rock.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,919
Members49,773
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,066 Shoretel
190,282 CTX100 install
188,548 1a2 system
Newest Members
lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons
49,773 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 20
jsaad 5
dans 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (PeterG), 138 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024