Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
itguy1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there,
I have inherited responsibility of our Inter-Tel 5000 phone system.
I have been asked to setup music on hold on the system but have no idea where to start.
Can anyone help with this?
Cheers

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have two choices. The easiest is to attach a playback device to the MOH port on the back of the unit. Be sure to use an 1/8th inch (also known as a "mini") unbalanced (also known as "mono") cable connector. This allows you a single source of MOH and is easily maintained.

The second is to use File Based Music On Hold. It is found in the programming under System. A single recording containing all of your messages must be recorded, converted (using the MOH Converter software installed when you install the Session Manager software), uploaded to the PBX (using the Web interfac) and finally associated with the Filed Based MOH control in Session Manager. You can have up to 5 of these. Each requires a license (around $75 each). This allows you to assign different MOH to different scenarios. We have four in use. Each is used for a different "audience" per se. Customers, Sales Reps, Customers who want to become Sales Reps and Spanish. Another use could be if different companies are supported by the same PBX. Each company could have their own MOH.

itguy1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply,
I have been trying to test this out to see if it is worth going for the File-Based MOH but i cannot see how to do this.

I have been searching the net for a manual or a guide to do this but i cannot find one.

Do you know how to setup the File-Base MOH

First, you have to buy the licenses. The same place providing the license could also supply you with all of the manuals you would ever need. Unless they want to be jerks.

itguy1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you mean a PRS licence?
Or something else, if so do you have anymore information on the licence?

It is a File Based Music On Hold license. It can be purchased from your Mitel vendor. I say "your Mitel vendor" because your company has probably signed a Tri Party Agreement with a particular vendor. Ask your Accounting Department from whom you buy new phones. It should be the same company.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 128 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024