Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Alupis Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all!

We currently use feature code 9860 to set our phones to a "meeting mode" and kick all calls to a voice mailbox when our customer service is in a team meeting. Right now I have to manually do this every time they have a meeting, and their meeting times vary so scheduling is not an option.

I would like to set things up so that any of the customer service members in the hunt group could toggle this feature code on or off from their own phone, but hopefully without having to make their phone an Admin phone. Is this possible?

My fear is someone will hit the wrong button combo and enter the launch-nuclear-missles-then-self-destruct-mode feature code.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin features can only be entered at an admin station.

Being an admin phone really isn't a big deal, we make receptionist phones admin all the time.

Enable the flag Special Key Required For Feature Code Entry, and accidental entries shouldn't be a problem. In fact, that flag should always be enabled.

Alupis Offline OP
OP Offline
ok thanks DND... i'll roll with that for now. I was afraid someone may dial the wrong feature code number and result in some unexpected thing happening, and it being a nightmare for me to figure out what happened... are there logs someplace that i'm unaware of that would show what was pressed and when per extension?

thanks again!

Off the top of my head, the only admin commands that are logged are: clear alarm, time/date change, night mode enable/disable.

Alupis Offline OP
OP Offline
hmm... night mode enable/disable is what we use for meeting mode, however i suppose that wouldn't be of much help if someone were to dial something wrong other than those functions you listed.

thanks for your help DND!

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,652 Shoretel
189,543 CTX100 install
187,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024