Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#72031 09/16/04 05:34 PM
cubla Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm new to this so bear with me. I have semi-successfully setup our new Partner system. I have a very simple setup. We have 2 CO Lines for 2 seperate companies. I have 3 phones (1 18D and 2 6's). After playing with it for a few days I have one problem I just don't understand. The VM setup and number of rings before it picks up is plain confusing. What I want is this: customer calls line 1 - it rings for 3 or 4 rings and if not answered it goes to a particular mailbox...same with line 2. I have Ext 10, 11 and 12 as real phones. I have Ext's 20, 21, 22 and 23 as VM mailboxes that I can transfer calls straight to...works great for that. Ext's 78 and 79 are in Hunt Group 7 for the VM.

Currently I have VM Line Cover on both lines with their respective Line Coverage Ext's defined. A call comes in and it is answered immediately by the correct mailbox. HOWEVER, no matter what I do or what I change it always picks up immediately. It needs to ring 3 or 4 times before going to VM. What am I doing wrong?

I finally changed VM Line Cover to VM AA and the auto attendant picks up after 6 rings which is what i set it too. Anybody got any ideas?

------------------
Thanks,

James

Thanks,

James
www.cubla.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#72032 09/17/04 12:45 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Are you using line ownership or do you want the Auto Attn to answer the calls, your post really is confusing when some one reads it. Can you explane a little clearer what you want the calls to do, why are you using VMS box's without stations?

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#72033 09/18/04 04:55 PM
There are two options in the Partner ACS programming that affect how long before a call is anwered by VMS. First check #506 VMS hunt delay. This is the number of rings before the auto attendant answers the incoming call, you can set the delay up to six rings. Next check #321, this is the number of rings at the extension before being answered by the voice mail.

#72034 09/19/04 05:04 AM
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
When you say in the title of this thread, "VM Small", are you referring to the PC Card Mail? If so, VMS Line Owner is NOT an option, you must instead set the line as "Not Assigned" in #206-7-NN, and use Call Cover in #208-NN-XX. Then assign Auto VMS Cover to the covering extension, and set the Call Cover Rings in #320. Finally, if the extension is put in DND, the calls will be answered immediatly, if not in DND the incoming calls will ring the number of times in #320.

#72035 09/20/04 05:03 AM
cubla Offline OP
OP Offline
Touch Tone Tommy I think is on the right path. The "VM Small" comment is indeed referring to the small version of the PCMCIA voice mail card.

All of our employees are outside technicians but need voice mailboxes. Therefore, they do not have physical phones/extensions but the receptionist needs to be able to transfer straight to their mailboxes. Currently we have 4 mailboxes on the small PCMCIA card while we're testing the system...but will be requiring more.

What I was assuming I needed was "line cover". When we are not here and if we forget to forward the calls during off hours I want the system to pick up line 1 after 3 rings and send it straight to a specified VM mailbox. Also, considering line 2 is another company I want it to pick up as well after 3 rings and go to another specified mailbox. Does that make since?

While I was playing with it the other night it seemed as if it was simply ignoring any ring delay I told it...EXCEPT for when using the AutoAttendant. The AA picked up after 6 rings just like I told it. Otherwise, if I used "VMS Line Cover" on lines 1 & 2 the specified "Line Cover Extention" would pick up during the 1st ring everytime. If I could get that to happen after 3 rings I would be finished.

I hope that didn't make everybody more confused!! haha

Thanks for all your help...

Thanks,

James
www.cubla.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Touch Tone Tommy, nonameyet, Toner, JBean3329), 145 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024