web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#72043 09/17/04 03:24 PM
OP Offline
I have a car dealership with a Magic 3.0.
The owner wants when the AA answers the incoming caller presses a selector code and the call is routed to the service department. All phones in the service department are to ring. After 6 rings the call is to be tranfered to the operator.

The service department calling group is an auto login group, so that the phones keep ringing and are never logged out of the group.

NOTE: As and auto logout group the service department would have noway of answering a second call after being logged out (auto logout is not an option here).

How do I get the call to go to the operator after 6 rings?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

no can do from calling group

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Have the AA transfer to an extension (can be an adjunct if you want) and put a Primary Coverage button on all the sets in the Service Dept (up to 7 of them). Then put a Secondary Coverage with Delayed Ring button on the Operator's phone.

Please fill out the rest of your profile. Thanks.

Yea, PeeWee fill out the rest of your profile. (hi ralph)

keep in mind that a primary cover button only accepts one call at a time and the secondary button will probably not even take a call.

There is a new upgrade for Magix that allows you to set the Hunt Type to Ring All. R3.0 V7.0 I think. I have always done primary cover when this option is not available.

There's an oscilloscope in my play pen.
Just noticed, you say it's R3.0? Try dialing *05 from a display phone and find out the version. If it's R3.0 V7.0 it oughta have a hunt type of ring all available.

The biggest problem with an all ring hunt group, is there is no voice mail coverage unless EVERYONE in the group logs out. If even one extension is logged in, even if that extension is tied up on a call, the calls do not cover to voice mail.

Using coverage buttons, you could use a programmed pickup button to pull the call over to your own SA buttons, to keep the coverage button free for another call. You could install a Tip/Ring bell in a common location, have that be the covering extension, and put a "pickup bell" button on the sets.

The secondary coverage will certainly receive calls, you need to adjust the primary, secondary, and group coverage settings for the original extension.

Good call, haven't done vm with ring all yet. Stupid Magix.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,662 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024