Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Admin
Admin
Tony, you sound like a Samsung salesman! Personally I think the Name/Number table is a feature with very few applications since most CLID comes with a name anyway, but that's only my humble opinion.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toner:
Tony, you sound like a Samsung salesman! Personally I think the Name/Number table is a feature with very few applications since most CLID comes with a name anyway, but that's only my humble opinion.</font>

Do you deal mostly with analog lines or T1 and or PRI lines?

A lot of regular analog lines have caller ID however T1 and PRI lines its not so common.

Many phone companies charge hundreds of dollars extra just to add the name. They call this " Deluxe caller ID'.

There have been certain situation when dealing with a long distance T1(LDT1) where you could only get a number and not a name.

We are not talking about adding a name to the station phone. We are talking about having the system associate a name with a phone number that will appear on your phone when that person calls.

For example, let’s say normal you only get this caller ID information.

"817-555-5547"

However you know that number is actually belongs to Sundance communication.

You can program the name “Sundance communications to associate to 814-555-5547"

So next time they call you, your phone will read
“Sundance communications"
“817-555-5547 "

In situation where you don't deal with the general public and have a customer list. You can add your own caller ID name every time a certain number calls. For example, if Samsung added all the dealers in their network to this program, they would know exactly which dealer office is calling them on their caller ID even if no name was provided from the phone company"

I think it’s a cool feature that I have not seen listed on any of its competitors.

Most phone systems do pretty must the exact same thing such as park, page, transfer, conference, music on hold, voice mail, etc... However this number-to-name translation tables it’s a really interesting feature that seems very rare.

I’m not saying that only Samsung have this feature. That is why I posted this topic to see which other system did it however it turns out that Samsung seen to do it best from what I have read. I would like to know if any other systems include this ability.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
It's neat but not entirely practical. If you input all of your customers main phone numbers (a nightmare in itself) what happens when they call from line 2? When they call from home? From their cell?

We sell the Vodavi STS and, as mentioned, it does have this feature. I programmed it once, but that was just playing around.

Most of our customers don't care much about caller id.

Admin
Admin
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the feature is useless - it's just that up here in the north CLID always comes with the name. That includes PRI & BRI.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,734 Shoretel
189,792 CTX100 install
187,936 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024