web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#72492 11/03/04 03:08 AM
OP Offline
Anyway of setting up attendant console to go to auto attn. after a certain amount of rings? Voicemail is a Repartee system.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#72493 11/09/04 07:28 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobbydigital:
Anyway of setting up attendant console to go to auto attn. after a certain amount of rings? Voicemail is a Repartee system.</font>

I'll let you know what I found out after trying to do something similar. I was asked to eliminate the operator station, which answered the console. Well, since all calls in the system default to the console if no answer, I had to develop all of my vectors and queues so no calls would get hung in the system.

Because what I found out is, the console is the last place calls go. Because of this, it cannot be forwarded, nor can it roll, except on night or busy.

You can have the calls roll on busy or night to a specific station. But that station has to be physically plugged in to accept the call.

You may then be able to do a call forward to voicemail then. But the system will not route the call if there is no physical device to take the call.

Because of the way our system was set up with call routing, I didn't have the option of doing this. So I gave up and just defaulted to an announcement and did my best to eliminate calls getting into the system and not being answered.

Wish I had some better news for you. If someone out there does know, and you find out, let me know I would appreciate it. Hate not being able to figure things out.

#72494 11/09/04 11:39 AM
Set your trunk incoming destination or DNIS to ring a huntgroup with no members. Give the huntgroup a cover path with point 1 being Attnd and point 2 the VM hunt group. Depending on switch version you control the amount of rings at each point by either the cover-path (multi-vantage switches) or in system-features coverage (Legacy switchs). If the incoming call is from a DNIS then you need to replace the night-service button on the console with a hunt-ns button. You can't remove the night-service button just move it to an unused button.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024