web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Situation: Hunt Group containing 5 extensions. (12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

What I would like to accomplish: Have calls roll through the group if the agent is available (extensions have a DND button programmed) and roll to a group VM box if all agents are busy or in DND mode.

Setup: Partner ACS R3.0, Partner Messaging R6.0, (2) 308EC, 206 all in a 5 slot chassis.

I know this can be done using Partner Mail R3 and above, but I can't find any information that says it is/isn't available for Partner Messaging.

Thanks in advance.

Justin Carver

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Are calls being answered by AA or do they go right to the hunt group? There are a few ways you can do it.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
WOW what timing I have a similar Question.

Lines are answered immediately by AA. press 3
transferr to ext 15. Ext. 15 is defined without a phone, and AA4 is assigned. timeout to group 74 with about 5 extensions. a greeting is played for AA4 then rings group. If no answer it is recalling to ext 10.
I would like to have it recall to MB 17. I still want 10 as the operator though but not for this group.

partner ACS slot 1 206R3 Slot to Partner messaging R1.

Second question the 206 in slot 1 is acting up and was going to replace with a 308, will that shift my VM ports?

Thanks
Bill

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Bill,
Try setting your O Time Out to Transfer To Mailbox 17 for Auto Attn 4, but after you do test AA 1 to make sure the time out doesn't also go to 17, I haven't tried this so i may be wrong.

If I read your post right your you have

206 PMR1 ACS
if this is correct then yes your VMS ports will change by 2#'s

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited November 10, 2004).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Thanks DTMF,

Actually the 0 time out is set to ring the group 74 My problem is to have it recall to a mailbox

As far as the VM ports shifting, do I need to be conserned with anything else than the VM hunt group assignment? I don't think so but since I got your attention might as well ask.

[This message has been edited by BillFlippen (edited November 10, 2004).]

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
OP Offline
Calls are fielded by a receptionist, and then dropped into the Hunt Group using a programmed button on the phone.

Intercom 7 7 2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
Are calls being answered by AA or do they go right to the hunt group? There are a few ways you can do it.</font>

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
For a CALLING group to be covered by a group mailbox: Set the Transfer Return Extension of each of the voice mail ports to themselves instead of 10 (i.e., for 2 port mail using Ext. 18 & 19, 18's transfer return extension is 18 instead of 10, and 19's is 19 instead of 10.) Then make a mailbox 7X to match the calling group number. Partner messaging allows for "phantom" mailboxes, so if you can have mailbox 7X answer the call, but have the message deposited in another user's mailbox to have a message waiting light come on. If you need to keep that user's mailbox private from the group's mailbox, have the phantom destination be an unused auto attendant's general mailbox, like 9994, or 9993. Then have some extension be the message waiting receiver for that general mailbox.

Now for voice mail coverage for a HUNT group, I'm not sure that it can be done. If someone figures it out, please post!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024