Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73193 01/19/05 02:32 AM
Kevw Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, new guy to the board here :P just asking for a little help to see if anyone has run into, and hopely found a solution to the same problem I am having. I am trying to connect my PC Admin software t a Partner ACS v3. If I dial the modem manuall I can get modem tones, when I get the PC to call the modem it connect. It says Connected at 14400 bps, then sits there for a minute. Insted of ever getting prompted for a password like I normaly would, it just gives me the message: "Session initiation with PARTNER system has failed." However, either modem does not drop the connection. Anyone else have the same problem and hopefully know how to remedy it?

-Kevin

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I have the same problem. I have tried multitudes of modems, new and old. I have tried the USR 0525 external modem, no avail! I get the connected at 14.4 and then timeout. It shows I am connected, but never asked for a password. If you try and do anything it says you are not connected. I have tried running in win98 compatibility mode, no help. I am running a toshiba satellite with XP home service pack 2.

I had the same problem trying to use a Compaq 700Z laptop. Then I tried it on a very cheap Dell desktop. No problem at all! The software is very finicky. I believe that Avaya reccomends some modems in the PC admin documentation.

Kevw Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm going to see if I can scrap together an old computer to see if I can get it to work. We have been fighting with the partners on mutiple locations for almost a year now, at every sight except two we removed them and installed a prologic system. Our new motto around the office is "If you don't like someone, give them a partner system". Its a nice little system, but it gives so much trouble.

But anyways, thanks for your input, i'll update this is I find any useful information.

Have you guys set the password in the ACS using #730?

------------------
--Dan

--Dan
Kevw Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried setting it, i'm trying making it nothing, i've tried rebooting it every way possible. Nothing I could do seemed to work. I used to be able to get on it on another computer, but unfornatually the IT dept gave us an upgrade when the old one died so I am going to have to try new hardware.

I finally dug up an old laptop and gave it a try. Works great using the same software and external USR modem I tried with my newer XP machine. Go figure! Why would the hardware matter? According to Avaya, the latest release is supported by XP. Cooky!!

Kevw Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried using our old CAS system (P III running windows 95) as a desktop to use the Admin software. It seems to work fine, if anyone if having this kind of problem and they come across this, best advice: Use an older computer, and keep trying diffrent hardware.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,557 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 135 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024