web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73646 03/01/05 02:37 AM
OP Offline
Hello.. new to this forum and phone systems for that matter [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com].

I have an Avaya Partner ACS r7 system with several 18D phones. I am using pc administration software. I would like to know how to enable caller id correctly.

I have read thru the user manual and contacted the vendor's support and avaya's support with no luck. I thought i would try posting here.

I would like to be able to view answered and unanswered calls from every 18d phone.

So far i have discovered how to log all calls to a single extension. How to log answered calls at an extension. How to log all unanswered calls and have the ability to view the log from any extension.

Logging all unanswered calls and having the ability to view the log from any extension is half of what i want. The other half would be to have answered calls show up and be available from any extension.

Is this possible? The vendor said no. Avaya said yes. Avaya's instructions did not work or were incomplete.

Is anyone slapping there forehead right now saying.. "how dumb is this guy.. its so easy". If so please tell me how to make it work [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com].

Thanks,
smuod [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
burzurq.com

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#73647 03/01/05 01:16 PM
You may want to venture into Call accounting software for all that information. I dont have any experience with it, but Avaya has the API card in conjuction with im sure very reasonably priced software <eyeroll> that offers such data.
https://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/partner_acs/r7/CIB3243_2.pdf

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited March 01, 2005).]

#73648 03/01/05 01:39 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You can only set up Log All Calls on one station. API would be the way to go in your situation.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#73649 03/02/05 01:46 AM
OP Offline
Thank You for your response. Going crazy over here trying to decide whether or not i was going crazy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024