web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73658 03/02/05 02:44 AM
OP Offline
Heya guys,

I've ran a search for this cannot find a definite answer.

I've been getting static on every station on our phone server, but only whenever you press a menu option. (ex: whenever you try to listen to voicemail) You can talk and listen on an open call just fine.

I reset the system last week and it cleared up this problem, but now it's back! I'm gonna run another reset and await for an answer from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by louerplan (edited March 02, 2005).]

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Did you also reseat your cards?

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
No I have not. I should just reseat them all?

Will this lose my programming / voicemails?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Not as long as the Batteries are good on the ACS, also if you have a backup and restore card you could back it up before hand, If it is and older Partner you may loose the programming on the system side. You don't have to worry about the voice mail it won't loose anything.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 02, 2005).]

OP Offline
How do you reseat/backup the cards?

(We do have a backup card)

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
If your installer set it up right it should have auto backup on and back itself up on the 1st of each month. To be sure check your programming to see if it was set to active in program #123, if not then use program #124 to do a backup. After you have backed it up power it down and pull the cards out one by one about an inch or so and reseat them then power it back up. If your batteries are bad it will say replace batteries with power on at station 10-11, if the message isn't on there now then you batteries are ok.

OP Offline
Thanks, we'll see how this works!!!

I've been getting static on every station on our phone server, but only whenever you press a menu option. (ex: whenever you try to listen to voicemail)

You computer guys- it ain't a "phone server". [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Anyway, I'm going to assume here that you are saying that you get this static only when you access your voice messaging and the menu options are related to its use. You do a system reset and the problem goes away for awhile then returns.

Problems of this nature are almost always caused by a hard drive on its way out. Sorry.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024