web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ScoTTeL Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay here is my setup:

I have a legend R7 with 2 PRI circuits. One is dedicated to a modem pool for specialized incbound routing. The other is the admin pool. Last 3 digits 400 is the only inbound going to the console whose extension is 400. All other users are 111 and so on. All users are put in cover group 30 and have their own boxes. They work great. 791 is assigned with overflow to 770 and set for about 5 ring timed delay. Pool 70 is set to 791 in cover.

When system is in night service mode, the night service greeting somes on after 1 ring and all is well. When night service is not on, the phones just ring and ring with no voice mail.

Box 400 is set to COS 15 which is AA1.
400 is not in cover group 30.

Also with the PRI ringing only on 400, I have a problem with getting other phones in the office to ring. To get them to ring, I have 6 extensions set to primary cover 400. This may be the source of my problems.

Maybe rather than trying to fix this, it would be better if we focus on a clean install. How would I best setup for incoming 400 last 3 on a PRI to ring at all MLX stations in the system and also cover those incoming calls with Merlin Mail?

Thanks!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You have cover control turned on. This will stop calls going to cover when the system is in day mode. This is in NightService settings. You cannot ring, cover, or SSA more that 9 phones at one time. The best thing to do is install a bell on a analog port and use pickup to answer the calls.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024