web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74327 04/25/05 07:10 AM
OP Offline
When our Partner system was installed, the installers, from Lucent, as I remember, put in AT&T 504A1 protectors where each line left a building and where it came back into a different building.

I have used up the stash I had of these things.

What does everybody use now? I can't seem to find them, or their decendants.

The numbers on the front read AT&T 504A1 protector, 106392566, ITW Linx, 708-952-8844.

Any ideas? I have repaired a few of them, soldering in new fuses. But I don't know if that's cost effective.

Steve, aka Trainwire

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

KLD Offline
you have the info, ITW Lynx and the tel number right in front of you. Also chedk the ITW lynx web site.

I use a different brand but you should be able to find a replacement heatcoil from any one (Graybar, Annixter, etc.)

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Ken
---------
Hey Trainwire, I'm right down the street in Gap, I'll see if I have any of those protectors laying around for ya. I'll stop tossing them and save them when I get any.
Mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service

OP Offline
doh, ever have a day you shoulda stayed in bed? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I do know that the phone # is no longer valid, or at least the one I tried didn't work. And for some reason ITW Linx never came up on the search till this morning. <sigh> Now I feel dumb.

Of course the ones that match what I have on the wall aren't available anymore, that I can tell anyway.

Thanks guys.

TW

I purchased 25 of the equivalent from Graybar. I gave them the numbers off the ones I had and they crossed them and sent new ones to me.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Graybar knows how to cross-reference things?? You must have a good rep. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Don't know specifically what most of you guys are refering to without part numbers. What you are talking about is what Lucent (aka AT&T, Avaya) calls an IROB-In Range Out of Building protector. I don't remember what the part number is for it, I believe they started back in the Merlin days where they were 4 pair. For the Partner they only need to be 2 pair. Doesn't matter because I never used them.

There were very few times when we only needed to run 2 pair for one extension to another building and that's what these IROBS only handled. You needed a lot of them and they were expensive.

What we use are ITW Linx FPP4-235 5 pin protectors, these will handle 1 pair. They consist of solid state protection (235 volt)and sneak current fuses. We also use them as secondary protection on all CO lines before the system.

You plug them into a "block" that has 110 punch downs in and out and a ground lug. For up to 6 pairs we use an Avaya #110ANA1-06 (from Anixter) and for 25 pair a block from Marconi.

You can see the ITW Linx products here- https://www.itwlinx.com/products/subcategory.asp?category=41&subcategory=36

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
How do those products compare in cost to a Portasystems protector? They are who I use.

From your link, these are what I remember seeing on ATT/Lucent/Avaya stuff (see the following link). I think I even had gotten some by APC back about 6 or 7 years ago.

https://www.itwlinx.com/products/subcategory.asp?category=41&subcategory=1

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

Porta Systems I think is a bit more. We have been paying $4 for the FPP4's and $51 for the 6 pair block from Anixter. The Marconi 25 pair block I believe is $100.00.

What's nice also is these are standard 5 pin protectors and will plug into anything made to take them. You are not limited to just one manufacturer like you are with Porta Systems and their "pogo stick" protectors.

The ITW protectors that you linked to were originally made by Panamax who recently sold out to ITW Linx. AT&T and Lucent used Panamax as a supplier who provided custom branded products for them without the Panamax name. I was not aware that the relationship continued when Avaya was formed or when Panamax was acquired by ITW Linx.

Also, probably a regional thing but I have never seen Lucent or AT&T provide those protectors you mention. They supplied Panamax power line surge supressors but the CO line protectors were always Porta Systems.

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited April 27, 2005).]

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
UltraLinx 66 Block Protection

This is what I ordered and used to protect my switches from outside on the co.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,752 Shoretel
189,830 CTX100 install
187,950 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (mongo5150), 114 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024