web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi... Im trying to program my Avaya system remotley. I have the ACS PC Administration software version 7.0.

I have a problem with the setup.

I have several modems that I have tried.

the internal ones that I have that I have tried dont seem to want to connect with the system. my Intell modem wont even connect, MY PCTel modem connects at 14.4 bauds and thats all I get.. It gives an error message that the system conection has been lost.

The modem that works somewhat is a Hayes 2400 external modem. It will only connect at 2400 but it will ask me for the password, tell me that Im connected fine, I can upload information from the phone.. make changes, then when I try to send the information, it gets to about 12% before it hangs and says that the connection was lost.

The manual says that a windoes compatible modem will work.. Well, I have 3 internal 56K modems and none of them works... My external one works to some point, I just cant send the program to the phone...

Any input?

Matthew

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Can anyone help me on this? Does anyone do remote programing?

Thanks,,,

Matthew

I connect using a US Robotics 56k modem. I have had similar setup problems that you have, but eventually got everything to work.

Have you tried having the phone system go through a cold start. It may not be your equipment at all.

good luck,

2wire

Turn off any flow control on your modem and lock the speed at 2400 or 9600.

I had issues until I got the USB 56K external modem model 0525. I was never able to connect to a partner remotely using any other modem with my laptop. Also using my laptop to connect to Legend sites had issues. When connected for about 5-10 minutes it would start taking errors and would eventually disconnect. Sometimes the bit slips would even change parameters on the customer site that I did not want. After getting the USB modem, I have had no problems at all!! Pain to pack, but worth it!! I used to spend hours instead of minutes performing simple tasks because of being disconnected. You cna get these modems for around $30 or less on Ebay.

OP Offline
Well, out of the 5 modems I have, None of them work. I guess Im going to go try and get a US robotics model from Best Buy...

I will let everyone know the results..

Matthew

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,615 Shoretel
189,507 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 163 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024