Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76654 10/13/05 07:15 AM
OP Offline
You guys were a big help the last time I needed it, so here I am agian. :rolleyes:
The people who have the service contract on our partner system just told us that they will no longer hold the contract due to the age of our system. I think that this is because they had to replace our ACS rev2 with a rev6 when the R2 imploded the other day.

Now they want to sell us a completely new Partner system for a gazillion dollars.

or they want us to buy a Sprint Protege LTX for a gazillion+.

My question is,

Is there any reason I can't just buy the parts to a Partner and replace what I have with new updated cards? ie a new 5 slot, with a rev 6(after reading the previous thread about problems with the rev7), and 308's instead of 206's.

Programming the thing doesn't scare me, I have muddled through it before. By the way, If you have the programming on a backup card from the Rev2, The rev6 didn't see it. Might have been a bad card, but I don't think so because after manually reprogramming the whole thing it backed up correctly.

What are your thoughts on the Sprint?

Thanks again

Steve aka Trainwire

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#76655 10/13/05 09:06 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Why do you have to replace the 206s with 308s? Is there a capacity problem? I was under the impression that 206s worked fine with the ACS. I have alot of customers out there with earlier revisions than the ACS R6, and they do just fine. I don't have any service agreements with them, but keep some 206s on hand and a couple of processors too. If the Partner ACS R6 is what works for you, why replace? Find yourself a dealer that will work with YOUR agenda---not his. Good Luck.

#76656 10/13/05 09:26 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Is there any reason I can't just buy the parts to a Partner and replace what I have with new updated cards.
None what so ever. smile

#76657 10/13/05 12:19 PM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
there are a lot of peaple out there (like me ) who would be happy to take care of your existing partner system for you , check out the yellow pages

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#76658 10/13/05 12:50 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Sounds to me like the people you have your maint. contract though don't know what they are talking about.

And here is why: If that system is an R.2 ACS and you have paid maint since it went out of warrinty.

Proably since somewhere around 97 or 98.

They could afford to switch out your control unit.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#76659 10/13/05 01:21 PM
Should teach you something about maintenance contracts. Maybe I shouldn't say anything because there are some dealers here who sell them. That's OK if it gives the customer peace of mind but I always tell my customers they are better off paying me when something goes wrong rather than paying every month just in case. They'll be way ahead.

We have lots of old Partner systems out there. Many times a customer comes to us asking for a new system and and we tell them there is nothing wrong with the old one. Just upgrade the software or processor and you will have a current system.

Seems you have already had this done. I would look for a company like us who will be happy to support what you have.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#76660 10/13/05 02:11 PM
Your in no jeopardy with your system ,
there is plenty of product and also support here to keep you "Chugging " along for many years.

#76661 10/13/05 02:49 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yes, we have Partners that have been in service 15 years plus. They are very reliable.

But were a maint agreement comes into play is the response time.

We sell maint agreements but usaully to companys that need 24/7 up time with no less than 1 to 2 hours down time.

And every location is different with lighting strikes and wiring issues.

Look at this way: It is kind of like a women, there are high maint girls then there are low maint. smile

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#76662 10/13/05 11:34 PM
OP Offline
Thanks guys, that's kinda what I thought too. In all fairness to the people with the contract, they aren't pushing this, just saying here is what we can do.

Do nothing, just call us when it goes "kablooey" was one of the options they gave us.

The whole upshot of this is that I am doing some research for the boss. He wanted to now what our options were before we spend the gazillion. I am leaning toward not doing anything right now as far as the agreement. Anybody have a 206 on the shelf so that we can have a spare? The company will give us 24/7 service on a t/m basis, just not replace the stuff for nothing.

Actually we are out of room in our current system. I could add 4 extensions right away if I had the ports.

I was actually thinking of the rev6 and 3 308's and a 012, which would give me 12 extra ports. I only have 8 incoming, so the r6 and the 308's give me the incomings I need, and the 012 would fill out the need for ports.

I have one quick question about something completly different. When our system imploded, all of the programming was lost. Three of the extensions had external ringers, just extra bells. Now the extra ringers don't work, I couldn't find anything in the book about that, what am I missing?

Thanks for all your help, this is a good bunch.

I am noticing something, the other board I belong to is the electrical-contractors.net. Same look, same feel, same great interaction with no snobbishness or flaming. Must have something to do with the electron chasing. just one had big wires, one had big wires with a bunch of little ones.

TW

edit to fix my speeling

#76663 10/14/05 02:45 AM
If you do a google search for your cards, I am betting that you will find at least a hundred places selling refurbed partner parts. You can also get them from Sundance, the people who provide this board. The supply is so huge that we do not even try to bring them in and refurb them because there is no profit for us in doing so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,742 Shoretel
189,816 CTX100 install
187,943 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (paulw), 123 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024