web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We are building a new bay onto our locomotive workshop. The local Labor and Industry inspector has told our electrical contractor that the two "areas of rescue" not only need an intercom, but also a way of contacting a live person 24/7. Never mind that the chances of a wheelchair being in this building (especially after hours) are slim to none.

Can I program a doorphone, so that when ext 10 is set to "day" it rings on ext 10. and when X10 is set to "night" it dials our answering service?

Sometimes it seems that the nameless and faceless bunglecrats that come up with these "codes" live in windowless cubicles with no conection to the real world.

Has anybody run into anything like this before?
:bang:

Thanks

TW

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You could use the doorphone as a internal hotline.

Through the day it could ring what ever ext you want but then at night you would need to remote call foward that ext to your external number.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
We do exactly that for customers with unattended loading docks or other areas. We use the Viking E30 entry phone:
https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=102

We program it to dial a calling group on the system first. If there is no answer after about 3 rings it hangs up and calls out on an outside line to someplace like their main office.

This is completely automatic and doesn't rely on someone having to remember to RCF an extension.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I checked that unit out Hal.

Looks really nice. I assume it could be used as a standard doorphone on a partner system? What I mean by that is it could dial the doorphone ext group just like the Avaya version.

Looks like it would add a lot of options and flexablity.

I havn't used a lot of Viking products. Do they hold up good?

We sometimes use bogen and wheel-lok.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Mike,
Viking makes very solid units, that's all we sale. Hope this helps

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
I assume it could be used as a standard doorphone on a partner system? What I mean by that is it could dial the doorphone ext group just like the Avaya version.

More money than the Partner doorphone so I wouldn't want to use it unless I had to.

The current Partner doorphone is made by Bogen. The one before that (after the original Harris) was actually made by Viking and looks just like the E30. I believe it's the E10 which is also available with a sealed and potted circuit board and will operate under water.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Wouldnt that be crazy? I am going to swim into this here mote and press that button and see if they will let me in wink lol.

Kristopher
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies.

I looked at the E-30. It might be the thing that I am looking for.

We will have to see if that is acceptable to the inspector.

TW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,762 Shoretel
189,838 CTX100 install
187,968 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024