Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
System: Merlin Messaging Release 2.0
Software Version: 2.0.20

Problem: A number of user voice mails are disappearing. Someone will call and leave someone a voice mail. When that users checks their voice mail, the message is not there. Today, a user had two voice mail messages, they were in the process of checking their voice mail, when they were suddenly disconnected. When they logged back into their voice mail, it said that they had no more messages, and they Red light on their phone went off.

As a side note, when I tried to setup a temporary schedule for the New Years weekend, the setting would not stay. The kept on going back to the way that they were.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I have a Definity Audix and every so often it starts to really mess up. I call Avaya and have them reboot my Audix and it seems to clear up the problem. Give it a try.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Online Content
In your case it's even easier. Should work like the Partner. Just pull the plug, wait a few seconds then plug it back in. With any luck that should do it. If you still have problems it's time for a new messaging system.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
As Hal said just give it a power off, give it at least 30 sec then power back up.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. The rebooting seemed to fix the problem. Also cleared the error log and all is well. Thanks again.

Chris Howard
Chris Howard
In the voice mail an Intuity Audix or Merlin Mail card.

William C. Howard
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
This will sound weird, but last week we had a bunch of power outages. Several Partner Messagings started doing strange things, like not recgonizing DTMF or cutting off incoming messages with "your message is too short - it has not been saved".

Doing a backup to the PC card seemed to make them behave, where cycling the power and doing a soft reset from the System Administrator's mailbox did not.

Could just be coincidence....

Online Content
I've seen problems like this that can only be blamed on dirty power. Recently I had a new standalone ACS that was powered by a UPS that would lock up maybe twice a year. Reset it and it would be fine. Replaced the ACS and the new one would do the same thing. Removed the UPS and plugged it straight in and no problem since.

I theorize that under some conditions there was a spike or glitch from the UPS, maybe when it switches to battery or back to the line. Apparently the processor didn't like it. It was an APC Back UPS or something about three years ago. APC keeps changing and no problem with the current models.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
After rebooting the System, clearing messages from the transient and permanent error logs, deleting and recreating the affected mauilboxes, everything was working fine..... Then one of the users called me and said that he left himself a message overnight, and when he came in in the morning, it was gone. To answer some of the questions in later replies, the voice mail is a Merlin Mail Card. The systems is not plugged into a UPS. They are plugged into surge protectors. Does it seem like I should have to Messaging system replaced. Our system is old in comparsion to what is out there now?

Online Content
Sounds like you may have a hard drive problem starting to develop. Probably would be a good idea to think about an upgrade at this time before it fails completely.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,614 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 141 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024