web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Our current setup requires incoming callers to dial *8 before the extension number to reach an extension. I have been told that its possible to remove this sequence. We would like to have incoming callers only dial the extension, not *8. What is the programming to achieve this?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

one would only have to dial *8 to transfer out of a mailbox. If the line is answered by the AA then the caller only needs to dial the ex.no. Your lines are not covered by a mailbox owner? What voice mail is this. If the caller is sent to a selector code anouncement then one would have to dial *8. Who set this up this way?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Set the selector codes in your auto attendant to Direct Extension Transfer. Then, when you dial a digit, it will wait for the next one, and transfer to the extension.

Well first off what messaging system are we talking about here?

It sounds like it is setup so that the caller hears the main menu then must go to an announcement for the names and extension numbers?

Simply put the names and extension numbers in the main menu then make selector codes 1,2,3, etc. direct extension transfers.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have seen this with customers that wanted a directory but only had the PCMCIA mails (or a mail that didn't support directory listings) and you would take a mail box and set it up as a directory listing off of a selector code, then the caller must press *8 and the extension number the tranfer to the extension they wish to reach.

But it is not very user friendly and you would be better off to up-grade the mail or do direct extension transfer as TTT and hbiss instructed above.

But most of all we must know what mail your dealing with.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Sorry, it is Partner Messaging R6.

I guess I could setup direct extension transfers off the selector codes, but it would make calling more confusing. You tell people you are at extension 12, but when they call they need to press 3 to reach you?

Right now the AA answers and the main menu tells callers to dial *8 and then the extention. All the selector codes have been programmed to go to announcments that have not been recorded. I listened to some of the other AAs that are not being used and all of them seem to support dialing the extension directly and the selector codes have been programmed as direct x xfrs. So I don't know who changed the AA last, but it was long before I got here and it doesn't seem to be a good solution.

Is there a way to have callers simply dial 12 and get extension 12? We have extensions numbered 10-16.

Right now the AA answers and the main menu tells callers to dial *8 and then the extention. All the selector codes have been programmed to go to announcments that have not been recorded.

Ummmm,(long incredulous pause) announcements that have not been recorded. :bang:

How about making selector codes 1, 2 and 3 direct extension transfer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
yes, it baffles the senses what people pass off as intelligence sometimes.

I made selector code 1 a direct x xfr and now it works as it should. Thanks for the help everyone! wink

Just don't come back and say that extension 20 doesn't work.

-Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,899
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,013 Shoretel
190,198 CTX100 install
188,379 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 102 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024