web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I think you are going to have to do some research on how the AmigaII was intended to integrate with the Partner system. We talk about #505 hunt group 7 but that was intended to work with Partner Messaging systems. The fact that you don't have your VM extensions assigned there and nothing was changed suggests that the AmigaII wanted something else. Perhaps VM Hunt delay is a function of the AmigaII.

Then again you could try assigning your VM extensions to #505 hunt group 7 and see what happens. That would certainly allow you to delay sending the calls there.
-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

cconley Offline OP
OP Offline
OK. I unplugged the Amigo voice mail and tried to see how the call would route.. it rings continuously. NO transfer at all.

Great Idea about building in the HG 7... the Amigo II is plugged into ports 18-21. I went to #505 and assigned 18-21 to Hunt Group 7... Partner routed the calls after the VMS Cover Rings delay, gave a "please hold while you are tansfered" system message, background music came on and then the line went into a hold state and disconnected after a few minutes... assumably

From all programming I can see, the Partner Plus is set up correctly and is responding as expected, but the Amigo is complicating the situation. I can't see how the partner is routing calls to the Amigo. I don't see any call coverage programmed or call forwarding.. no DND buttons programmed... I just don't get it. how is it getting the calls in the first place.

One thing I did notice, even when the Amigo picks up and plays the AA greeting.. it is not capturing the line ( at least not exclusively). You can still press the line key on the partner phone, interupt the AA greeting and answer the call.. this would point to the fact that the call is not actually being 'routed' to the voice mail as we would normally expect. somehow it is just listening in, sort of like an old answering machine.

Hmmmmm... :confused:

Craig Conley - Conley Communication Services
510-760-8128 or [email protected]

[Linked Image from conleycomm.com]
If it's just connected to a "normal" extension port it could handle calls the same way a person would with a single line phone. "Hookswitch integration". Pretty bad because there is no information passed to the VM.

When you put the VM ports in #505,7 the Partner system sends that DTMF information but if the VM doesn't know how to use it it either does nothing or screws things up.

I'm slightly encouraged by your results when you put the ports in 505,7-

Partner routed the calls after the VMS Cover Rings delay, gave a "please hold while you are transfered" system message, background music came on and then the line went into a hold state and disconnected after a few minutes...

The message "please hold while you are transfered" and the subsequent processing came from the VM. Not sure you realized that.

Question is now how is the VM set up? Shouldn't you have gotten a menu as soon as it picks up?

One thing I did notice, even when the Amigo picks up and plays the AA greeting.. it is not capturing the line ( at least not exclusively). You can still press the line key on the partner phone, interupt the AA greeting and answer the call.. this would point to the fact that the call is not actually being 'routed' to the voice mail as we would normally expect. somehow it is just listening in, sort of like an old answering machine.

No, this is normal. Unless you assign privacy to the VM extensions you can always interrupt the VM system and pick up the line.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You know, not just ext 10 could have been accidentally forwarded to a VM port.

I would do Feature-11-10-10, Feature-11-11-11, Feature-11-12-12, etc. all through the extension range.

Shooting from the hip here but if the capaciter/battery in the proc. is bad and a power outage occurs, stations 18-21 would default with ringing on all assigned CO's.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Pencom's probably right.

We had an ESI voicemail that didn't take advantage of the Partner's voice mail integration. It just hung outboard on station ports and answered. Did "supervised transfers", where it listened to progress tones, and if it got ringback for too long, it would take back the call and route to the mailbox that the auto attendant was attempting to transfer to. Voice mail coverage was a nightmare.

Luckily, we didn't sell it, it was a donation to a charity, and soon after we came up with a VS mail to take its place.

Anyway, try taking the VM ports OUT of hunt group 7, and setting them to Delayed Ring.

cconley Offline OP
OP Offline
That is certainly an interesting observation Tommy... I do have the ports out of group 7 already.. nothing in group 7... but setting those ports to delayed ring is something I have not looked at. I will swing by tomorrow and see if maybe that will work...

I am talking with customer about upgrading to VS, but it will mean a second cabinet and the changeout of the CPU card... we will see.

Any recommendations from the room for a SOHO outboard 2 or 4 port vmail, maybe flash, that does clean analog integration?

If you changeout the CPU card, replace it with an ACS. That will give you 3 (or 5) lines and 8 (or 9) extensions on the processor iteself. That will free up a slot for voice mail.

BUT....it would be better to also change the carrier to the new one with more spacing and fewer heat/ventilation failures, and Partner Messaging ($$$$)

Oh, and I have a 4 port Partner Mail R3 that I'm defaulting to put up on eBay!

cconley Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tommy.. I need to look in my warehouse. I think I still have a Partner vmail on the shelf.. but if I don't I will PM you and work out a deal for yours...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024