web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#79749 05/31/06 04:53 AM
OP Offline
We have an Intuity Audix phone system w/ Merlin Legend phones, and i need to reset the voice mail password.

The extension was used by a previous employee, but they are gone and we have a new employee. I have no idea what the previous password was. I just want to reset it.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#79750 05/31/06 05:35 AM
You have an Intuity Audix messaging system. You probably have a Legend phone system.

You need to log in as administrator to the messaging system, from there you can reset the extension's mailbox password.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#79751 05/31/06 06:05 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for answering. You are correct about the system.

I took over for a guy about 6 months ago, and i was never shown how to log in as the administrator to the messaging system. Im not exactly knowledgable on phone systems.

To log in as the administrator to the messaging system, is this done through the phone or through the phone system PC?

If its through the phone, is it a standard extension or one chosen by someone at some point? If its a standard extension, any idea what it could be? If its something someone chose at some point is there a way to retrieve it? I think i know what the password will be.

If its through the phone system PC, could you tell me what menu it might be on?

Thank You

#79752 05/31/06 06:53 AM
You need to log in via the terminal connected to the audix or you can log in via Avaya Sight Administrator. Take a look at the terminal, maybe no one ever logged out, or if you still have the old admins PC, see if he had ASA on that PC. I allways set my equipment to auto log in. If you can't find the password or get in otherwise, it is time to contact Avaya and pay some money to get the password reset.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
#79753 05/31/06 08:12 AM
OP Offline
OK, i have access to the terminal connected to Audix.

Do you know approximately in what menu i should go to, to reset the Voice-mail password?

#79754 06/01/06 01:34 AM
run the command 'change sub XXXX' where XXXX is the extension. You will see on the top the password field, change it to anything you like. If this is a new person taking over for a person that left, the best bet would be to delete the mailbox 'delete sub XXXX'. Then readd the mailbox 'add sub XXXX'.

Anytime I change a password I always default the password to something 1 digit less than the minimum password lenght. This way when this person logs in they will be asked to change the password. To see you minimum password lenght, run the command 'disp sys feat'. Page 1.

You can find more info here:

https://support.avaya.com/japple/css/japple?PAGE=Product&temp.productID=107682

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,844
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,649 Shoretel
189,534 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
6 members (Avanti Telecom, Xdm, Yoda, Soulece, Toner, dans), 155 guests, and 321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024