Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8086 10/01/05 06:39 AM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
My customer is using a Castelle Faxpress 5000 8 line model for fax broadcasts, and it does not seem to be working correctly. The Castelle support folks do not understand the difference between POTS lines and DIDs, or the difference between a series and parallel connection.

The customer has 8 Pots lines and want to broadcast outward faxes on all 8 lines at the same time.

First, I am wondering about the wiring, since I can get no wiring diagrams or instructions. Right now each pots line is wired into the RJ11 jack and out to the fax, with a line cord plugged in to the Castelle line port. IOW, this is wired in parallel.

I am wondering if it should be wired in series somehow- line in- Castelle- line out to fax machine. Maybe R/G in and Y/Bk out?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#8087 10/01/05 09:22 AM
The Castelle support folks do not understand the difference between POTS lines and DIDs, or the difference between a series and parallel connection.

With all due respect, neither do you. You don't say what the problem is (what do DID's have to do with anything?) but I can see no reason why, if the lines are working and they are connected to the machine that any problem wouldn't be with the machine. It simply dials out. If you can plug a standard phone into each phone line and dial out so should the fax blaster if it is working correctly.

As to looping through the fax blaster to a regular fax machine (I assume that is what you are saying) if that is the provision made by the manufacturer then it should work also.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#8088 10/01/05 05:09 PM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
Nope, I didn't say what the problem was. Just asked if anyone knew how the lines are wired to the faxpress.

#8089 10/01/05 08:05 PM
Go here- https://www.ctpx.com/html/vp_2000__product_series.html

These are the interface cards used. I see that they do talk about everything except POTS lines but I suspect that's probably because there is nothing really to be said. If you are confused I would make it clear to their tech support that these are not DID trunks but loop start POTS (if that is what they are). I suspect that is the default configuration.

As for connection there is a RJ-11 or RJ-14 option but if there are 8 ports though they must be RJ-11. I see no provision for looping through to a fax machine.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,805 Shoretel
188,963 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nfcphoneman), 153 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024