Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#81089 09/15/06 09:07 AM
OP Offline
Greetings,

I just registered yesterday and have been skimming through the posts looking for a similar question to mine. Sorry this will probably be so simple for you folks but I don't get much time on these Partner ACS.

Anyway at one of our new sites I just installed a new 509 R7 because the R6 processor didn't survive the move from the old site. In slot 1 I have a 308EC, and in slots 2 and 3 I have 012 boards. It also has the correct version Remote Access Card. We have 5 lines and about 43 Ext. One Partner 34D and the rest are Partner 18Ds.

OK cut to the chase you're saying. Currently when and incoming line rings that line button flashes red and the users have to select that line button.

Apperantly before with the old R6 the line button light flashed green and all they had to do was pickup and they were connected. I know you are laughing at me now.

I had to program this switch from scratch. I compared the configs with our other sites, but I can't find the answer.

Please advise.

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The line has to ring at phone {ringing line pickup}or ring on transfer--------John

If thephone is set to no ring, the line button on the phone will blink red, but you must push that line button to pick up the line. If you wish to be able to just pick the hand set and answer, you must have the line set to ring on that extension. Also if you are using caller ID youmust have the lines ring on the phones or caller ID will not show.

Jacktel is right. If the phone is not programmed to ring, when an incoming call comes in, it comes in red. Line ringing changes are made in Telephone Programming.

Go to ext 10 or 11 go to Central Programming by pushing the feature key enter 00 on the dial pad, depress the left intercom twice and the right intercom once, then enter the 2 digit ext number to be programmed, then toggle the line buttons until it says inmediate ring, do that to all the lines to program ringing and exit programming by feature 00.

Hope this will help.
Sincerely,
George

OP Offline
Hey thanks a bunch for responding guys.

Now that I've read all your suggestions it makes perfect sense. Our users ask me to shut the ringers off on all but 2 at the reception desk (it's a medical clinic environment). Then a week later they complained about the incoming call pickup. I'll just pass on to them what you guys explained.

I'll fix them up this Tuesday. I can't dial in to it from my office I guess because of some bug with the R7 Remote Acces Card, but they are only 45 min. up the freeway so I'll serial in to the admin port.

Thanks for all the help. You'll probably hear from me again in the future.

Michael

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Why bother with the serial port and the GUI? You have to connect, download the translations, point and click through all the extensions and all the line keys to change ringing assignments, and then you need to upload and RESTORE/RESTART the system, dropping all calls in progress.

You can change it from 10 or 11 in 1 to 2 minutes, and if they're busy, they can still talk on the handset while you lean over the phone and make the changes.

Don't forget to back it up when you're done.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I agree with TTT. Or you could even call the customer and walk them through it. We do that all the time on simple stuff.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Thanks fellas,

I really appreciate your time. Worked like a champ.

Michael

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,080 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 140 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024