Before asking, I’ll try start giving

The Avaya Voice Mail Pro Software is compatible with all members of the IPO family

Basic troubleshooting
You dial *17 and hear a busy tone, or you dial the pbx main number and the auto attendant has become dumb, oops…

-- License issues.

(you can see this opening config in manager)
You must have license with status “valid” which is obtained from:
The license code
The license hardware key:
If you have expansion modules, the serial port key must be plugged only in the central unit (remember that modules have serial ports too)
If you have USB or paraller port keys you must have the “feature key server” software installed and running on the PC, and let the IPO know in which ip address this PC is located. (system > license server ip address)

If the license status is not “valid”, the vmpro will run normally but stop to work after two hours of having started

-- How to restart vmpro service

The software works trough two windows services named:
1. VMProDBService mpdbsvc.exe
2. Voicemail Pro Service vmprov5svc.exe
The .exe files are located in the avaya/voicemail program directory.
C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\

In case of failure you can restart those two services and the vmpro will be restarted without needing to reboot the computer.
Even you can schedule automated restarts with these services names (not file names).

-- No sound from wav files

Sound Files are located in
C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\WAVS

The sound files must be .wav format and should be in this quality
Sample rate: 8.000 Hz
Bit depth: 16 bits
Channels mono

If you have a superior quality sound files will just not sound.
If you have a sound editor (like sound forge) you can record voice and music at high quality, a later perform a “resample” function to adjust sample rate, (note that if you just alter the sound format settings you can have a very bass sound resulting from play the file at at much lower speed)

-- Windows (built-in) firewall issues:
• Sometimes vmpro can loose connectivity with the IPO unit because of windows firewall blocking
• You must add the programs of vmpro as exceptions inside the firewall options, or If you don’t need this utility (for example you have a Hardware firewall) you rather disable it completely.
• I have not worked with other firewall (such zone alarm) but I presume similar troubles can occur.

-- How to save VMPRO config files
(you can see this opening voicemail pro client)
When you see this interface by first time you may think It´s analogous to manager interface BUT
If you want to save your configuration with “file, save as” you surely can save it, but when you want to load and send config… there’s no button!

I you really want to save your config, specially call flow modules, you rather use the import / export function, and save the .mdb file which you can import easily next time.
(there’s so frustrating when you finally arrange your call flow, and you “save config” but you did never save the flow as is, and lost your work)

-- VMPRO computer ip address

Remember that the IPO unit must point to the PC where vmpro runs, although if you don’t set any ip address, the IPO will look over for any vmpro available on the LAN, it’s better to give a fixed ip address to avoid any confussion.

-- Dear phoneman, please I want to change my “name” sound in my voice mail inbox.

When the user enters vmpro (*17) for first time, the system invites him/her to record his name, and will ask it again and again until user effectively records the name.
But when name is recorded you note that system never gives the option to change it, or at least not so easy to find.
You can get into C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Names
You will see wav files named just as usernames.
If you erase (or rename) the file, the system will ask the user to record it again.

Hope it helps…

Hope it helps…
Zebraya smile

-- talking with the talking machines --