web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
lupis52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just ordered an xlink bluetooth interface that allows you to interface your cellphone to an POTS capable device. Planning on using this with an 820d2. (Before I get grief about using a classic merlin system: I know its old technology but it does everything I need it to do for a home setting and I have a special place in my heart for Classic Merlin sytems)

Anyways plan is to hook it up to an available line port on the KSU. I have not received it yet, but while reading the manual online I noticed that it generates a distinctive ring depending on which cell phone (it can accomidate up to three) the call is coming in on. My question is, will the KSU still ring the extension set normally despite the distinctive ringing voltage generated.

Thanks!

Here is a link to the product:
https://www.xlinkgateway.com/
And a link to the manual:
https://www.intellitouch.com/pdf_files/ITC-BT_manual.pdf

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

It sounds like the 3 ring patterns will follow thru 820d2, But is this default or option? The product or product like it has been in one of the forums. Sounds like a neat device. John

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
The merlin will see ringing current, but it will not replicate the ringing cadence. They will all Ring the same. Your best bet is to mount a mechanical bell ringer is a central location, or use a line sharing device that will split out the distinctive ring to different line ports

lupis52 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick response! As long as the merlin is going to see ringing current I should fine. I wasn't planning on using it with more then one cellphone, I just wanted to make sure the Stations would ring too.

Thanks again!

Let us know how this works out seems interesting.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,596 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024